Screw the 9.5 list and 8 hour days!!!

Logb17

Im friggen sick of finishing peoples ****. 3 times this week they had me finish other drivers routes and had them go home.

This needs to be addressed in the new contract. All 9.5s and 8 hour days do is screw someone else over!

Buck Fifty

Im friggen sick of finishing peoples ****. 3 times this week they had me finish other drivers routes and had them go home.

This needs to be addressed in the new contract. All 9.5s and 8 hour days do is screw someone else over!

Why are you finishing peoples routes ?

Logb17

because they are going to go over 9.5 or 8 hours. So they message me to go give them my air and finish their route after my last pup.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
are you going over 9.5 hours more than 3 days a week? if you are,YOU need to get on the 9.5 list as well.

Logb17

5 o'clock. Back to building at 535. Air has to be in by 5:50 here. We start at 8:15. So instead of me going in with the air, they take it in, and I finish there route...

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
the funny thing is that the Teamsters thinks that **** deters the company, when really they just shift it onto some poor bastard low on the seniority list

the company is going to get theirs, no matter what

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yeah this isn't hard either quit burning through your route and don't be done at 5. Go over when you help someone and file or if you have break left when that little green light pops up hit will contact ASAP and clock out for the rest of your break.

Buck Fifty

All these guys are giving you the answers. You need to play the game better. You are upset because you believe your special. You feel like you run circles around all the drivers you have to meet. Up your game and listen to 728, brown slave, and especially ymelord.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The OP starts at 8:15 and the route is designed to be done at 5:00--this is an 8 hour day. He is usually back to the bldg at 5:35 for an air pull of 5:50. This sounds like a good day to me.

The OP is being asked to meet other drivers in his loop, give them his air and finish their routes only on the days that they request 8 hours or may be going over 9.5

The route is not going to change---it has been dispatched low just for this reason. The OP needs to keep this in mind when it comes time to bid.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
" You run and gun,you'll always be the last one done."

Yep, never get done early all you ever do then is bail out other drivers, its sad but true. What I love is this guy being upset about bailing guys who are going over 9.5, my building has guys going over 12, planned days that over 13. And then UPS talk at the PCM about saftey and caring about us, its so funny you have to cry.

Logb17

I'm not getting done early. 60% of the routes are designed to bring the air in by 5:50. With a half lunch that's a 9 hour day. I don't think I'm special, I never run or work during lunch. It just sucks finishing someone elses route and they get to go home and bring your air in. I don't mind helping people, but finishing someone elses route pisses me off. I understand its more dispatches fault, but this stuff to give drivers an early day only screws someone else over. 8 hour days means they just give the next guy over 20 more stops.

Sometimes drivers will bring the route back and they will have me take it back out after im already back at the building.

leastbest

LeastBest
I would ask for an 8 hour request usually once a week or two. Then some young pup would pull up and whine about how he ran all day and skipped lunch and then had to help me. I'd laugh and pull out my banjo and take my last break.

You want to run and gun go for it. I survived by taking my breaks and enjoying myself. I had music, cool drinks and good customers.

And if it was a really bad runner and gunner I'd make sure the stops I had left for him were apartments and O/21 signature required and 0/70's.

over9five

Staff member
You gotta stop blaming the other drivers, OP. It is UPS's fault, not theirs. You are doing exactly what UPS wants.
Divide and Conquer!

HULKAMANIA

I'm not getting done early. 60% of the routes are designed to bring the air in by 5:50. With a half lunch that's a 9 hour day. I don't think I'm special, I never run or work during lunch. It just sucks finishing someone elses route and they get to go home and bring your air in. I don't mind helping people, but finishing someone elses route pisses me off. I understand its more dispatches fault, but this stuff to give drivers an early day only screws someone else over. 8 hour days means they just give the next guy over 20 more stops.

Sometimes drivers will bring the route back and they will have me take it back out after im already back at the building.

You do know that they cant FORCE you to do this right? If you are in the building and you have worked your 8 hours they cant force you back out, its called double dispatching and they arent allowed to do that. From what I have learned if you are still out on route they can, but if you are in the building they cant force you back out if you have worked 8 hours. You might check your rules but as far as Ive been told this is how it works here anyway.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

If you get back to the building and they haven't notified you yet that work is waiting on you. You have the right to refuse that work.