screwed over again and again

I have a nephew with fairly severe autism. He will never be able to live on his own.

I don't really understand what you mean by "kind of autistic."

Was UPS aware of your condition when you were hired?
of course they weren't aware. Most normal people just assume you're retarded. humanity can be quite cruel. I just came in started emptying those bags 3 hours a night then clocked out and went home.

some people have it worse then others. I haven't had much human interaction in a good 7 years. even when I do it's incredibly hard to communicate with others and if i do most people end up just feeling sorry for me cause I get so nervous and resort to hand gestures to communicate.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
[

I worked the debag section . i had to empty out those heavy bags all day night long. those dirty bags. i worked harder then everyone else there. worked circles around people worked 12 hours xmax eve. worked full time all through holidays. this is why im upset. i worked the hardest job in there and did my very best. everyone else there way lazy and talked the whole time and did the bare minimum while i did as much as possible.

my condition is I'm kind of autistic
Either way...you need to let the ups job go...it isn't going to happen....regardless of the reason. There are other jobs out there.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
of course they weren't aware. Most normal people just assume you're retarded. humanity can be quite cruel. I just came in started emptying those bags 3 hours a night then clocked out and went home.

some people have it worse then others. I haven't had much human interaction in a good 7 years. even when I do it's incredibly hard to communicate with others and if i do most people end up just feeling sorry for me cause I get so nervous and resort to hand gestures to communicate.

PM me where you live. Depending on what state, I may be able to hook you up with some help.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
When I worked at Costco, there was an autistic woman who collected shopping carts and did janitorial work there. She was in a job program from the county for people with disabilities...she had a job coach from the program who would supervise and assist her as needed. My point is...I'm sure there is job placement assistance out there...do some research on the internet.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
When I worked at Costco, there was an autistic woman who collected shopping carts and did janitorial work there. She was in a job program from the county for people with disabilities...she had a job coach from the program who would supervise and assist her as needed. My point is...I'm sure there is job placement assistance out there...do some research on the internet.

I have paperwork to fill out to do just that with my nephew. The state finally allowed relatives to be in the (paid) program.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Actually, emptying and sorting bags could be an ideal job for him. If the company put him on the no-rehire list because they knew, there could be hell to pay for someone.
In all fairness to ups..yes they are sleazy...but my building there is a woman about my age...she's worked in SS about 15 years. She very obviously has some type of mental disability...could be autism, could be mild retardation. But the sups treat her with respect and even kid gloves sometimes...and she works hard.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
In all fairness to ups..yes they are sleazy...but my building there is a woman about my age...she's worked in SS about 15 years. She very obviously has some type of mental disability...could be autism, could be mild retardation. But the sups treat her with respect and even kid gloves sometimes...and she works hard.

My point exactly. Give the guy a chance, and he may turn out to be an excellent employee.

I'm gonna try to help him.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Have you tried applying for a supervisor position?
Is this more of your "humor" that I don't get? There is a vast difference between not getting a joke, and not thinking it's funny. Why don't you go knock over a dude in a wheelchair next, or point and laugh at a mentally retarded person? Keep it classy!

Last edited:

Packmule

Not buying it. Loading at UPS is one of the toughest jobs around. Anything else would be easier I'd think.
What's the rest of the story?