sears kmart

bluehdmc

I used to work as a mechanic, 30+yrs ago. I bought mostly Snap-on tools, other mechanics would say "Sears has the same guarantee". I used to repair heavy equipment in the field. I've had maybe 2 snap-on sockets snap or break, (more from abuse than anything else) and 1 defective extension. If you break something in the field what do you do, tell everyone to hold on while you run to the sears store?

I read an article that said Sears hasn't spent the money improving their stores like Federated (parent of Macy's and Bloomingdales), supposedly one of the reasons they haven't done well.

Years ago my first wife bought a mattress at Sears, about 2 months later the stitching started coming loose on the edges. She contacted them under the warranty, they sent 2 guys out to "inspect" it. They agreed the stiches were coming loose, stated she didn't have a mattress cover, (she wouldn't have seen the stiches coming loose if she had), and refunded her $100 of the purchase price. So much for Sears and their warranties.

klein

Für Meno :)
kmaart-metrlarge.jpg

Sears Inc. urged to take extreme measure

In order to survive, the company is told to shutter all locations of another popular U.S. chain. On the chopping block

klein

sears450x177.jpg

What may be Sears' best chance to survive

One writer says Sears can revitalize by using an 'untapped, highly lucrative potential revenue' source. Nearly $3.3B

rocket man

I used to work as a mechanic, 30+yrs ago. I bought mostly Snap-on tools, other mechanics would say "Sears has the same guarantee". I used to repair heavy equipment in the field. I've had maybe 2 snap-on sockets snap or break, (more from abuse than anything else) and 1 defective extension. If you break something in the field what do you do, tell everyone to hold on while you run to the sears store?

I read an article that said Sears hasn't spent the money improving their stores like Federated (parent of Macy's and Bloomingdales), supposedly one of the reasons they haven't done well.

Years ago my first wife bought a mattress at Sears, about 2 months later the stitching started coming loose on the edges. She contacted them under the warranty, they sent 2 guys out to "inspect" it. They agreed the stiches were coming loose, stated she didn't have a mattress cover, (she wouldn't have seen the stiches coming loose if she had), and refunded her $100 of the purchase price. So much for Sears and their warranties.
craftsman tools are not going nowhere. maybe its time to start a craftsman truck route like snap on

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I agree. We don't even have Target here, yet !
They are suppose to roll in next year. They bought some Zellers stores they are going to takeover.
And, a lot of Canadians don't and won't shop and support Walmart because of their business practises towards their employees.

A German living in Canada shopping at a French store.

klein

A German living in Canada shopping at a French store.

It gets better, been shopping at a Polish Butcher, and a Ukranian owned German Bakery, lately.
Good meats and bread !
My favorite are lightly smoke porklion sliced meat, Edam Cheese, Kaiser & Crusty Buns, and sometimes ryebread and bretzels.
Will be getting more buns today and some "Berliners", too.