season help

skatebmx05

i was hired for the x-mas season and they said they take about half of the people and keep them for a permanent position is that true or something they just like to tell you to make you work extra hard to stand out

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

i was hired for the x-mas season and they said they take about half of the people and keep them for a permanent position is that true or something they just like to tell you to make you work extra hard to stand out

This will vary depending upon the volume in your area after Peak. If you are in a growth area this may very well be true. If you are not and there are employees that have been laid off than this may very well not be true.

I would make employment plans elsewhere if I were you.

skatebmx05

This will vary depending upon the volume in your area after Peak. If you are in a growth area this may very well be true. If you are not and there are employees that have been laid off than this may very well not be true.

I would make employment plans elsewhere if I were you.

hmm yea the preload manager said they hired 30 employees and will keep 15 on after x-mas i from orlando and work in the main bulding are volume is pretty high

We were sending people home before they brought back the laid off. Then they brought on eight temps--last night they had a class tour with sixty people. Where the heck will they stuff them?

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
We were sending people home before they brought back the laid off. Then they brought on eight temps--last night they had a class tour with sixty people. Where the heck will they stuff them?

They won't stuff them anywhere. They have to hire so many here because the attrition rate is terrible. Most quit after only getting 2 or 3 hours a day when they were led to believe that they would work 8 or more a day. Others will quit because they don't get called until 10 days or so before Christmas after they were hired mid November. More yet will quit because after working on a truck, decide that it is not worth the paltry money they are making for working their butts off.

I have seen our center run out of helpers in the days before Christmas after hiring double the amount they ever needed to begin with.

D

Dis-organized Labor

Oh, starting out PC, eh???

Call it what it is; regardless of beliefs.................

Here in the USA it is: THE CHRISTMAS SEASON

Is that OK with everyone?????

overallowed

Has anybody had a problem with driver helpers not showing up, and when the center calls them about not making the meet point, they say they have no gas money? Today was the first day I was to have a helper. He didn't show. This is what he told mgmt. They tried to get 2 others and both used the same excuse.
Is this really the sign of the times, or did they not want to work the day before the holiday?

blue efficacy

Has anybody had a problem with driver helpers not showing up, and when the center calls them about not making the meet point, they say they have no gas money? Today was the first day I was to have a helper. He didn't show. This is what he told mgmt. They tried to get 2 others and both used the same excuse.
Is this really the sign of the times, or did they not want to work the day before the holiday?

Some people really are that poor, especially those desperate enough to sign up for seasonal driver helper at 8.50/hr.

I was still wary of signing on for it at 12.88/hr! But that's mainly because I work the night sort, when do i sleep, etc.

Most people out there aren't making $30, remember that. lol.

rod

Retired 22 years
Helpers have a better chance of winning the lottery than they do getting a permanent job after peak. Sorry- I know its not what you want to hear but thats the way it is. :sad-little: I'm surprised a big bolt of lightening hasn't struck them dead for telling such lies every year

TheDick

my helper got 2 hours yesterday. Didnt cover the gas to and from his house. Oh well he's old enough to be my grandfather