Season helper - anyone had problems with their driver?

Jonathan Carlson

I've been out 3 days in a row, and 2 of those days were fine, but today the driver had a hair across his butt. Trust me, I understand how tired and over-worked people are. But his behavior was unacceptable. I am wondering how others are feeling.

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.
I think he means the driver has a wild hair up his butt.

I haven't had any problems with any of the drivers to date. I have worked with six so far. Although the driver I am with did have a bad day on the first week shortly after I started working with him. That has since passed though.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I've been out 3 days in a row, and 2 of those days were fine, but today the driver had a hair across his butt. Trust me, I understand how tired and over-worked people are. But his behavior was unacceptable. I am wondering how others are feeling.

Change your user name. Given names are not acceptable here for user names.

And, apparently Dave had a problem today with his helper.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
A little more in depth?

Did he maybe just expect you to get off yours and do some work?

browner89

So you screwed over your driver two days in a row, which was fine, but then screwed him over a 3rd day in a row, and are stumped on figuring out why he's pissed?

Well, jee, I don't have a clue. Sounds completely irrational to me!

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
Super_Friends.jpg
p1286149351.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Drivers are human and do have bad days.

I had to let my helper go yesterday. I was having a bad day and the culmination of incidents with this person had me reach my breaking point. He had called in one day and told me had to leave early on three other days. Yesterday he kept asking when we would get done and how he would get back to his car. Keep in mind that these questions began shortly after I picked him up.

The helper that I had for the one day that my previous one did not work was amazing. I would love to keep her for the rest of Peak but she was trained by and primarily assists another driver and it wouldn't be fair to him for me to "borrow" her.

I will have the center manager's daughter, who is home from college, for the last 4 days. Should be interesting.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Drivers are human and do have bad days.

I had to let my helper go yesterday. I was having a bad day and the culmination of incidents with this person had me reach my breaking point. He had called in one day and told me had to leave early on three other days. Yesterday he kept asking when we would get done and how he would get back to his car. Keep in mind that these questions began shortly after I picked him up.

The helper that I had for the one day that my previous one did not work was amazing. I would love to keep her for the rest of Peak but she was trained by and primarily assists another driver and it wouldn't be fair to him for me to "borrow" her.

I will have the center manager's daughter, who is home from college, for the last 4 days. Should be interesting.
Why in Gods name would a center manager put his daughter and through that for 40 bucks aftr tax?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I really don't understand why it's so hard for people to be a decent helper. Show up on time, appear eager and ready to work quickly. Follow driver instructions and keep chatting to a minimum. Done.