Seasonal Driver curious of best way to become full time

tommygroo

I just passed my road test to become a seasonal driver and am hoping to become full time. I have a friend and also have spoke with a manager saying right now is the best time to try and get in with a lot of retirees and a few people have only waited a couple months to become a FT driver. My question is after seasonal is over and I work my ass off what is the best next step to become a full time driver? Would getting into the warehouse be my best bet?

HBGPreloader

Although I'm not a driver, from what I've seen, you need to show up on time, work safe and as directed, hustle when you can, and don't get injured, in any accidents, moving violations or DUI.

Brisket

Although I'm not a driver, from what I've seen, you need to show up on time, work safe and as directed, hustle when you can, and don't get injured, in any accidents, moving violations or DUI.

Make all of your commits, if you even THINK you will be late , let your Sup know, cover your butt.

Brisket

No, if you have any 12:00 commitments, ( or 3:00 for that matter), they will explain how to check for them. Make sure you get those done THEN the rest of the resis....

You may not have any commitments it will just depend on your dispatch.

tommygroo

No, if you have any 12:00 commitments, ( or 3:00 for that matter), they will explain how to check for them. Make sure you get those done THEN the rest of the resis....

You may not have any commitments it will just depend on your dispatch.

Thanks for the info I will keep that in mind!

StoptheAct1212

Do your best. Seasonal means seasonal. But we do keep a select few... but does not mean you will be kept full time, you may be kept on after season, but as a part timer..... which then you will have to put your time in and work your way up the senority chain.... good luck

GenericUsername

Even if you don't get on as full time and are kept on as part time, chances are you'll drive periodically until March. You just have to deal with waking up early in the morning like the rest of us and find a second job. After a year, it's definitely worth it due to the benefits.

tommygroo

Do your best. Seasonal means seasonal. But we do keep a select few... but does not mean you will be kept full time, you may be kept on after season, but as a part timer..... which then you will have to put your time in and work your way up the senority chain.... good luck

Ok that's exactly what I was thinking. Really going to put my all into it as it seems to be the best career fit for me that I've found. First time I've felt like I've had a goal of what I want to do with career so hoping everything goes well thanks for the help!

R6acer

As a seasonal driver who made it to full these guys are right. Be safe, follow the methods, work your ass off and make them want you. Don't call out or be late and for gods sake don't have a crash.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I just passed my road test to become a seasonal driver and am hoping to become full time. I have a friend and also have spoke with a manager saying right now is the best time to try and get in with a lot of retirees and a few people have only waited a couple months to become a FT driver. My question is after seasonal is over and I work my ass off what is the best next step to become a full time driver? Would getting into the warehouse be my best bet?
You are toast as of December 25.