Seasonal Driver Position Over, Summer Fill Ins?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Do it for 25 as a FTer then come back and talk to us.
Oh Dave, I forgot....you're better than me because you're a driver...us PTers aren't "real" ups employees. Sorry, some of us didn't have the benefit of being hired FT off the street. Interesting how one of my closest friends is a 25yr driver, and I'd think he'd disagree with your view of PTers.

AirTractor

After 3 months of seasonal driving I'll say this, you veteran drivers are some tough, gritty, hard working folks. For me, as a newbie, it was almost as stressful as crop-dusting. Some of the numbers that the vet guys were leaving the building with during the heart of peak was un-freaking-believable. I could see where this would be a great job if they'd put a few more trucks/drivers on road to lighten the load on everyone. But kudos to y'all that pound the pavement everyday and get it done.

Rubber Puckies

Worked my first day of local sort last night and I could say that I have gained all kinds of respect for full time drivers and the pters. Haven't seen preload really so I don't know but I'm sure they work just as hard though it seems to me the guys busting there butts at night unloading and washing the package cars get overlooked for the work they do.