Seasonal Driver Question

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by robertzinglar, Nov 10, 2014.

1. robertzinglar

robertzinglar New Member

Hello All!

I have a quick question regarding the employment process with the UPS during peak season. I have been contacted by email and phone regarding the seasonal driving position. I've recently tried to set up an appointment through the online system but it unfortunately shows no more appointments available. Oddly, I received a phone call this last week from the HR department wondering if I was still interested. What bothers me is that there's no contact information which I can contact a HR representative back to let someone know that I'm still interested. The number they dialed from states, "this is a non-working UPS number."

The online system shows they are still hiring seasonal drivers for my location.

Any suggestions?

2. You've Got Mail

You've Got Mail Active Member

I'd go to the center and speak to HR about it.

3. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

We must need a bigger font for the three stickies regarding FAQs, new hires, and customers...

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

envy.png

5. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

No, but I just realized I'm starting to sound like Barn now!

6. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

http://www.browncafe.com/community/...y-asked-questions-read-before-posting.359027/

Please read.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

If only there were a link where someone went to the trouble of answering all the noob questions.

Oh wait...

8. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

It's only just begun. In another 3 weeks you'll swear no one with under 500 posts should be allowed to start a thread. Lol

9. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

I don't want to see the seasonals fail but these idiots still hiring off street seasonals and from within so close to the day the INFERNO starts is just retarded. Invitation to failure. How the heck are they supposed to be any good when they don't even have the time to remotely train them right. These people are so stinkin funny. I just scratch my head in disbelief everyday lmfao.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Can't make up,a decade of understaffing, in two months!

12. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

But stupposedly they have peak under control, and I hit the powerball but im not going to quit the job, because its my dream job and I love it lmfao.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

How long does it take to train someone to deliver residentials?

14. Not long. but throw In all the DOK,stuff. and all the other crazy things,they need to know!
    it's alot off "stuff" for seasonals.

15. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

Why didn't you put your cell phone number down so you wouldn't miss the phone call. If you did than Why don't you answer the phone when in rings.

16. Brownslave688

You can't train them if you're sending other drivers home.

17. Brownslave688

Takes at least a few weeks to be even remotely efficient this time of year it just get worse week after week so not much of a chance

18. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

I would think it would be easier for a newbie to run commercial stops than residential. Same stops every day while residential tends to vary.

19. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

A few weeks? They should be up to speed within a week. Learning the streets would be a whole nother story.

Residentials may vary but you go get your "regulars" who get stuff everyday. Setting up temps to run resis would free up the regular drivers to take care of their businesses.

20. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

My thought is fewer chances for DFU's in a few months.