Seasonal Driver Question

robertzinglar

Hello All!

I have a quick question regarding the employment process with the UPS during peak season. I have been contacted by email and phone regarding the seasonal driving position. I've recently tried to set up an appointment through the online system but it unfortunately shows no more appointments available. Oddly, I received a phone call this last week from the HR department wondering if I was still interested. What bothers me is that there's no contact information which I can contact a HR representative back to let someone know that I'm still interested. The number they dialed from states, "this is a non-working UPS number."

The online system shows they are still hiring seasonal drivers for my location.

Any suggestions?

oldngray

nowhere special
We must need a bigger font for the three stickies regarding FAQs, new hires, and customers...

envy.png

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
robertzinglar said:
Hello All!

I have a quick question regarding the employment process with the UPS during peak season. I have been contacted by email and phone regarding the seasonal driving position. I've recently tried to set up an appointment through the online system but it unfortunately shows no more appointments available. Oddly, I received a phone call this last week from the HR department wondering if I was still interested. What bothers me is that there's no contact information which I can contact a HR representative back to let someone know that I'm still interested. The number they dialed from states, "this is a non-working UPS number."

Any suggestions?
http://www.browncafe.com/community/...y-asked-questions-read-before-posting.359027/

Please read.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I don't want to see the seasonals fail but these idiots still hiring off street seasonals and from within so close to the day the INFERNO starts is just retarded. Invitation to failure. How the heck are they supposed to be any good when they don't even have the time to remotely train them right. These people are so stinkin funny. I just scratch my head in disbelief everyday lmfao.

I don't want to see the seasonals fail but these idiots still hiring off street seasonals and from within so close to the day the INFERNO starts is just retarded. Invitation to failure. How the heck are they supposed to be any good when they don't even have the time to remotely train them right. These people are so stinkin funny. I just scratch my head in disbelief everyday lmfao.
Can't make up,a decade of understaffing, in two months!

UPSGUY72

Hello All!

Any suggestions?

Why didn't you put your cell phone number down so you wouldn't miss the phone call. If you did than Why don't you answer the phone when in rings.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You can't train them if you're sending other drivers home.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Takes at least a few weeks to be even remotely efficient this time of year it just get worse week after week so not much of a chance

A few weeks? They should be up to speed within a week. Learning the streets would be a whole nother story.

I would think it would be easier for a newbie to run commercial stops than residential. Same stops every day while residential tends to vary.

Residentials may vary but you go get your "regulars" who get stuff everyday. Setting up temps to run resis would free up the regular drivers to take care of their businesses.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
A few weeks? They should be up to speed within a week. Learning the streets would be a whole nother story.

Residentials may vary but you go get your "regulars" who get stuff everyday. Setting up temps to run resis would free up the regular drivers to take care of their businesses.
My thought is fewer chances for DFU's in a few months.