Seasonal Driver Question

You've Got Mail

I just got a call at 7:30am asking me to come in by 8:30 for my first day.

I'M SO EXCITED. AND I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT.

I go to SLEEP in my uniform. I was BORN to work at UPS.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Residentials may vary but you go get your "regulars" who get stuff everyday. Setting up temps to run resis would free up the regular drivers to take care of their businesses.

I totally disagree with this part. If I ran things I would take all of the bulk off of the regular drivers and put it in rentals. Let your seasonal drivers deliver this stuff. When they are done they can then be dispatched to go help. I would get every minute I could out of the driver/helper teams that can run 40+ an hour.

Brownslave688

A few weeks? They should be up to speed within a week.
You're sure you are not management?

Every off the street hire I have ever seen needed their hand held at least through week one. As easy as many of us who have been doing the job for years feel it is. For most new hires it's just not that easy.

Don't bother telling me how easy you THINK it should be. I'm going by what my own two eyes have seen with our last 10 new hires or so. Deer in the headlights for at least a couple weeks.

Brownslave688

I just got a call at 7:30am asking me to come in by 8:30 for my first day.

I'M SO EXCITED. AND I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT.

I go to SLEEP in my uniform. I was BORN to work at UPS.
They are so cute when they are babies.

Also I love how CAPS have apparently taken the place of PUNCTUATION.

You've Got Mail

My first day is over and I am exhausted. About 130 stops today and I wasn't even driving. How do you guys do it for 20+ years? I feel like I'll become deaf if I deal with the noisy truck for more than the season.