Seasonal Driver VS Fulltime cover

Kylew

Who has the right to work seasonal during there first 30 days or fulltime cover with senority?I am getting a few different stories steward says we have the right center manager is saying if they have less than 30 then they have the right to stay on that route?Just getting some info before a few of us file on this issue.

Kylew

Thanks Upstate!Glad we have some vets like you on the board helping us newer guys if 12 almost 13 years is new..lol.But a year of driving so still feeling my way around the driving part.

959Nanook

Check Supplemental Language. For starters, not all full-time drivers in all jurisdictions are guaranteed eight hours. My supplemental language explicitly bars me from guaranteed hours because I am in the bottom two and this language has been used to send me home in situations similar to what you are describing. My supplemental language also says that permanent employees must work before seasonal employees work. That part got ignored. The seasons for seasonal drivers are usually included in the Contract; however, I have been laid off while a seasonal driver worked out of season.