Seasonal driver wage?

TG43

Can someone tell me the starting wage for full time, seasonal drivers?

I applied and have an interview. Don't really want to bother if it's $16/hr. I worked at usps for 2 years and quit because they cut our (TE's) pay from 22.15 to 16.25.

They did not give me a number for HR otherwise I would just call and ask.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You need to have a desperate need for money to work at UPS.
With your "apparent" attitude, my advice is "don't bother applying".

TG43

So you can't answer my question?

I don't have a desperate need for money. I have a desperate need for a "life" again though. Sick of working til 11pm. Just want a 5 day a week job and days (til 7 is fine, that's what I worked at post office).

Buck Fifty

You need to have a desperate need for money to work at UPS.
With your "apparent" attitude, my advice is "don't bother applying".

Talk about attitude. Apparently he asked for the pay rate, not your advive. Tg43 that scale is right st 16 dollars and some change. I believe it goes up a couple when new contract ratifies.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Talk about attitude. Apparently he asked for the pay rate, not your advive. Tg43 that scale is right st 16 dollars and some change. I believe it goes up a couple when new contract ratifies.

I think new-hire driver pays goes up to $18 and some change after ratification, so OP might get a retroactive check after peak season from UPS.

OP: you should realize that it's highly unlikely the off-the-street job will be permanent. You might be offered a PT slot in the hub, but only a handful of drivers have been retained after peak as the company is allowed to select one (1) "outside hire" (usually goes to a PT supervisor) for every six (6) jobs that are bid out to bargaining unit employees.

TG43

Thanks guys. Can you tell me more about a PT? Are they on call? I have a big range in area I am willing to work as far as getting a permanent job, I would think that would help. I would think having experience at usps would help too. Could be wrong.

dragracer66

So you can't answer my question?

I don't have a desperate need for money. I have a desperate need for a "life" again though. Sick of working til 11pm. Just want a 5 day a week job and days (til 7 is fine, that's what I worked at post office).
Those hours at UPS? LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!! Since your dreaming big why not just ask for top driver rate and full medical and a air condition truck!!!!

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Thanks guys. Can you tell me more about a PT? Are they on call? I have a big range in area I am willing to work as far as getting a permanent job, I would think that would help. I would think having experience at usps would help too. Could be wrong.

Part-time workers work in the hub, typically loading and unloading trucks until they have enough seniority to bid into a preferred job such as small sort, irregulars, clerk, etc. Mobility between these departments depends a lot on how big the hub is.

Starting pay is $8.50, but will be retroactively raised to $10/hr after the current TA is ratified. Skilled pay (being certified to sort or pick-off) adds $1/hr. PT'ers are guaranteed 3.5 hours/day (17.5 hours a week) and most get between 3.5 - 5 hours a day. The insurance is great, but I doubt you'll want to stick around if you need money that badly.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Lol usps experience is irrelevant...ups hires most PTer's if they can fog a mirror. But don't expect to become a driver and have a life, especially during peak. It's not a 9 to 5 job.

B

bowflex

To the OP i'm on my third day tomorrow as a seasonal driver. My buddy is in another state but we went to integrad together. one day I got done by 7 the other day by 8 and that's with no lunch break. He on the other hand got done by 2:30 one day and 3 the next. I just wanted to try something different and I did get hired off the street. my pay starts at 17.25. my buddy off the street says he was told me will get hired FT in a month when his trainer retires. Personally I probably wont make it through this week because I don't know my area and the Route is a mess. all I can say is i love the challenge because these guys work their butt off. I'm going to work until eh let me go and then go back and get my Masters. For me its all about the challenge. my advice is don't bother even going to integrad if your not willing to work from 6 to 6 because that is the time schedule for the whole week.

TG43

If you didn't want to hang at USPS, I can't imagine UPS being a good option. *jmo* :o

With all due respect, I doubt you (and many others on here) really know much of anything about usps. I really liked most of my 2 years delivering mail.

I left because they cut our (TE's=Transitional Employees) pay $5.90/hr ($12,000/yr). They got rid of our title and made it us "CCA's" (City Carrier Assistant). I also disliked working Saturday's very much and had a Fleet Mechanic job I could go back to, so I did.

I mostly quit because of the principle of the $5.90/hr pay cut...it wasn't even the money...just the principle that I signed up for the job @ $22.15/hr and was cut to $16.25/hr. Plus I really disliked working Saturdays.

I won't get into hours, benefits or management....so some of you can continue to think you have the worst job in the world.

p.s. "your late with my check" says scumbag on welfare to mailman sweating his balls off to pay for scumbags welfare check.

Thanks for those that gave info.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
With all due respect, I doubt you (and many others on here) really know much of anything about usps. I really liked most of my 2 years delivering mail.

I left because they cut our (TE's=Transitional Employees) pay $5.90/hr ($12,000/yr). They got rid of our title and made it us "CCA's" (City Carrier Assistant). I also disliked working Saturday's very much and had a Fleet Mechanic job I could go back to, so I did.

I mostly quit because of the principle of the $5.90/hr pay cut...it wasn't even the money...just the principle that I signed up for the job @ $22.15/hr and was cut to $16.25/hr. Plus I really disliked working Saturdays.

I won't get into hours, benefits or management....so some of you can continue to think you have the worst job in the world.

p.s. "your late with my check" says scumbag on welfare to mailman sweating his balls off to pay for scumbags welfare check.

Thanks for those that gave info.

Two months to reply? Really?

I commend you for quitting on the principle of a nearly $6/hour paycut. I bet the USPS was unable to find employees working for $16.25/hr to replace you. And I bet you'll quickly find another job that pays over $20/hour. Good luck, LOL.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Two months to reply? Really?

I commend you for quitting on the principle of a nearly $6/hour paycut. I bet the USPS was unable to find employees working for $16.25/hr to replace you. And I bet you'll quickly find another job that pays over $20/hour. Good luck, LOL.
I noticed that too....strange.