Seasonal Drivers, did you work today?

With peak winding down I was curious who worked today (Monday, Jan 5th). This is the 1st day (other than New Years Eve) that I did not work since November. A little history.. I am an off the street seasonal hire who started on Oct 1st. I have had a real route that I have scratched practically every day since early December. I realize after Jan 15th I will probably be gone and am cool with that. I lost 37 pounds in 3 months and got paid to do it. Anybody else in my situation??

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I'm permanent, not seasonal, but I'm not driving today. It'll probably be pretty slow, on and off like this until spring sometime. Do you think you'll reapply to get on permanently?

dragracer66

I know in my building any off the street hires that work today will make seniority. So I'd imagine there is going to be a lot of people who are in the same situation as you are today.

I'm permanent, not seasonal, but I'm not driving today. It'll probably be pretty slow, on and off like this until spring sometime. Do you think you'll reapply to get on permanently?

If anybody in my building does it better be me. I was there everyday, no issues, no lates, back on time every night with a ball buster route. It just depends on the staffing levels and if they can hire with the 1 to 6 ratio...

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
If anybody in my building does it better be me. I was there everyday, no issues, no lates, back on time every night with a ball buster route. It just depends on the staffing levels and if they can hire with the 1 to 6 ratio...
That's weird because at my center they hire seasonal helper and package handlers but typically not drivers. Drivers they just keep around on the reg-temp list even once peak's over. I was hired in the regular season but all the reg-temps I've seen hired for peak always stick around.

That's weird because at my center they hire seasonal helper and package handlers but typically not drivers. Drivers they just keep around on the reg-temp list even once peak's over. I was hired in the regular season but all the reg-temps I've seen hired for peak always stick around.
What does "regular-temporary" even mean?

F

FrigidAdCorrector

We cleared all but one of our seasonal drivers last Monday. I think that one they may keep on. Guy did one hell of a job.

jbg77

With peak winding down I was curious who worked today (Monday, Jan 5th). This is the 1st day (other than New Years Eve) that I did not work since November. A little history.. I am an off the street seasonal hire who started on Oct 1st. I have had a real route that I have scratched practically every day since early December. I realize after Jan 15th I will probably be gone and am cool with that. I lost 37 pounds in 3 months and got paid to do it. Anybody else in my situation??

I drove today and new years eve. Im a preloader who signed up to cover drive in august. I also have a full time job so have only driven 2 to 3 days a week since then. Ive never scratched on the split route ive been assigned but was told that the hours never add up on a split route.

Looked at the car line up for Tuesday. Looked just like Peak season line up. We will have to use every FT and seasonal drivers plus some Air drivers to cover all the routes.

mjjlohn

Got placed on a over dispatched route blind today so the seasonals weren't moved around.

14 routes in a town and they pick the only one I don't know..... Not really surprising

sorefeet

I've worked every day except for new years eve. I'm thinking management must like me because I'm the only seasonal left that is getting work still. I feel sorry for the other guys that still come in every day only to get sent home with no work. ( you would think they would call them in the morning to tell them not to bother to come in ) I'm also pretty sure I'm still getting laid off on the 15th, hopefully I did well enough to earn a call back come summer vacation time.

( I also lost 25 lbs this peak haha, down from 220 to 195!, who needs the gym, thanks UPS! )

Yes, but it's such a ballbuster nobody bid on it last round. It' been run by the bottom seniority guys since summer.
Not sure how UPS does things where you are at, but either a newbi would bid the route just to have a home or UPS would appoint the route to a driver by seniority rules and work as directed.

Work right slow and safe

well according to the present of my local all seasonal drivers (off the street) were not able to work after dec 31. if they are we are all told to file a grievance for each driver working. part time and seasonal driver helper can be used till jan 15 from jan 1 inside workers doing driver helper go from $11 per hr to $13. per hr and this is my local southern California.

I was back on today and told to be there the rest of week. I think some of this is weather related. We didn't get out of the building until 9:40am. I was slammed and didn't get back until 8pm. 200 stops in ice and snow is no fun.

bowflex

I worked today until 9:45. I told them last week I was done after peak. They wanted to keep me on ft. I like reg temp and can't see myself working full time. They even tried to put me on a new route. I told them no thanks I'm gone after peak. Seems peak is extended so I am stuck driving for a few more days. I see and know a lot of drivers that wanted a ft driver position. My hub is desperate of they wanted to keep me ft. I get it done but I don't take :censored2: from my sup or management. Can't wait for this to be over.