Seasonal Driving and Vacation Time

Hello, I am a part timer at our hub and i am also a seasonal driver for the summer. My main question is i am suppose to be on my first vacation of the year. I was wondering if i get to take my vacation that i worked all year for or can they make me drive. Thanks

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
At least in my local, if you're a PTer and you're scheduled off, they can't make you work. But not working is one way to find yourself on the poop list and get the speech 'you shouldn't be taking your vacations in the summer or in November if you want to be a seasonal driver.'

UPSGUY72

Hello, I am a part timer at our hub and i am also a seasonal driver for the summer. My main question is i am suppose to be on my first vacation of the year. I was wondering if i get to take my vacation that i worked all year for or can they make me drive. Thanks

That can't make you drive.

They could ask you to just say sorry I already have plans.

Than go have a nice vacation.

Thanks i appreciate the answer. One of my sups has told me he has enough ppl to work so he is just putting me on road to benefit myself, but since they make us schedule vacations a year in advance its kinda hard to know whats going on. I have had multiple opinions around the building from one union steward saying you lose your vacations to the other two union stewards saying you get your vacations still.

UPSGUY72

At least in my local, if you're a PTer and you're scheduled off, they can't make you work. But not working is one way to find yourself on the poop list and get the speech 'you shouldn't be taking your vacations in the summer or in November if you want to be a seasonal driver.'

That BS you take you vacation when every you want as along as you have the seniority to pick that week.

Yea well im have my seniority to take my weeks. I was told if i didnt drive the days they wanted me to they would disqualify my from driving for a year. And we will be having full time jobs coming up this fall i didnt want to hurt my chance

UPSGUY72

Thanks i appreciate the answer. One of my sups has told me he has enough ppl to work so he is just putting me on road to benefit myself, but since they make us schedule vacations a year in advance its kinda hard to know whats going on. I have had multiple opinions around the building from one union steward saying you lose your vacations to the other two union stewards saying you get your vacations still.

If you work your vacation your basically just getting and extra check as they will pay you your vacation and you will get paid for working that week...

You don't have to work it and your management team isn't gone to use it against you is you don't work. As you said you pick your vacation for the following year vacation schedule at one time during the year. My local does the same.

UPSGUY72

Yea well im have my seniority to take my weeks. I was told if i didnt drive the days they wanted me to they would disqualify my from driving for a year. And we will be having full time jobs coming up this fall i didnt want to hurt my chance

I would call your BA and let them know. That's BS. Who said this your ORS or center manager.

Your might want to run that by your HR person while your at it...

Ok thanks for the Help! I was leaving for vacation tom night and where im going no phone service and i didnt want them trying to get ahold of me all week wanting me to drive. Bc they will play the i didnt know you were on vacation and write me up

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
"UPS has the gun. Don't give them the bullets."

You may not be contractually obligated to drive during your vacation, but if you piss them off, they'll find ways to make you miserable / kick you back to PT. Good luck proving it.

UPSGUY72

Ok thanks for the Help! I was leaving for vacation tom night and where im going no phone service and i didnt want them trying to get ahold of me all week wanting me to drive. Bc they will play the i didnt know you were on vacation and write me up

You must have gotten your vacation check if already they can't play stupid. Atlanta knows when you going on vacation.

colbysemo

colbysemo
Hey my names Colby ***. I have a question for you if you don't mind. I just filled out my profile for the most part I believe and I was wondering what step I need to take to become a seasonal driver like yourself. I'd really appreciate it. My phone number is ****. If you could either message me back on here or my phone too; that would be great. Thank you.

From the TOS

8.) You are responsible for protecting your own privacy and respecting the privacy of others. This means no posting of your own or any other person's full name, email addresses, work or home locations, job titles, phone numbers, addresses, Social Security numbers, or any other personally identifiable or private information. This also means your full name cannot be used as your username or posted anywhere on our site.

Last edited by a moderator: