Seasonal hiring questions

PT Car Washer

Anyway, I didn't get drug tested. I'm starting driving class tomorrow. Is there actually going to be some hands on training or am I going to be reading powerpoints like I do in college lectures....
Your first week is classroom and driving in a classroom environment. You won't receive any real world experience until you go out with an On Car Sup on a real route.

Chung L

Why is it so hard to find a HR manager number or an office number at a distribution center/warehouse? I forgot to ask for one and it's like the hardest thing to find.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
giphy.gif

upschuck

The distribution centers are not equipped to deal with the volume of phone calls they would get if that number was published. That is what the 800 number is for, and they pay them less than an employee would get.

The HR number here is a published number, or at least it was.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
UPS is set up to call back the employees they want. Their number usually isn't given out since they're only 2 or 3 people and in most cases just 1 HR person around that has a full plate and phone calls from perspective employees would just bog them down. That being said, don't worry and keep looking. When you do the hub walk, then you're in good shape.

barnyard

KTM rider
If HR wanted you to have the number, they would have given you the number. You should see if the chicks on FB can help you with that.

I have had to renew many DOT med cards involving a DOT physical throughout years. They always told me it was to check your kidneys, etc., not drugs. With that being said, I have been on pain killers for years now for a disability I have developed, and the dr. wrote ON my DOT med card; driver takes vicodin for pain.. also, when they did the urine test, I was never questioned about the tramadol or Adderall my primary dr. had prescribed me. So, if it were a drug test, I would have had to verify my RX for the 2 drugs that weren't mentioned on the med card.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I have had to renew many DOT med cards involving a DOT physical throughout years. They always told me it was to check your kidneys, etc., not drugs. With that being said, I have been on pain killers for years now for a disability I have developed, and the dr. wrote ON my DOT med card; driver takes vicodin for pain.. also, when they did the urine test, I was never questioned about the tramadol or Adderall my primary dr. had prescribed me. So, if it were a drug test, I would have had to verify my RX for the 2 drugs that weren't mentioned on the med card.
Just because your area doesn't require a drug test.....doesn't mean it's like that everywhere. Some buildings were requiring a pre employment drug test for seasonal drivers.