Seasonal Job

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Fall12562, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Fall12562

Fall12562 New Member

Can I still be hired for a full time job at this point? It looks like only seasonal jobs on the web site.

Thanks for the help.

2. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

Yes you could be hired for a permanent job. However you won't make seniority to after the first of the year if they decide to keep you.

3. Fall12562

Fall12562 New Member

Thanks for the help. I will keep trying. This is the job for me.

4. softshoe

softshoe Member

How do you know the job's for you?

5. nystripe96

nystripe96 Active Member

Easy as pie

6. Fall12562

Fall12562 New Member

I have been working in retail for a few years and have meet a few drivers that have had good things to say about the job. A good friend of mine works for DHL and he loves what he does. I like hard work, the public, being out doors and driving just to name a few. I like the comradery that is in the company.

7. grgrcr88

grgrcr88 No It's not green grocer!

AHH, The good ole days!!

8. LKLND3380

LKLND3380 Active Member

What kind of full time jobs is UPS posting now???

I don't know if I would want ANY full time job posted for someone off the street that a current part timer or someone with Union seniority has turned down...

Chances are it is a driver helper job and that is only until Dec 31. You could do a great job and MAYBE a part time job will be offered. I say maybe because it would make more sense to offer it to a seasonal preloader who has already done that job while you were riding with a driver.

9. McGee

McGee Well-Known Member

I have been working in retail for a few years and have meet a few drivers that have had good things to say about the job. A good friend of mine works for DHL and he loves what he does. I like hard work, the public, being out doors and driving just to name a few. I like the comradery that is in the company.

DHL then or now?? There is a BIG difference ( I had some time there and liked it ...that is, until the whole two sort hub fiasco ) that sucked... Still wouldn't mind trying to get into here next year ( from what I have read its a better shot at maybe getting in)