Seasonal Newbie Question

AssistantSanta

You, my friend, would not last 15 minutes with me as a helper. In my 32 years with UPS, I've had really, really good helpers, and some like you. You do not dictate to me what you will and will not do as my helper. I will never ask you to do anything I would not do, and I will always ask you if you can handle a package that I consider to be heavy or awkward.

Give it up AsSanta, you will be lucky to make to the 23rd, let alone after.

The more I think about it the more I am SOOOOO not done with you yet. You refused????

Excuse my choice of words that led to misunderstanding. I did not refuse. When I made the last post, I meant that instead of just acting reluctant, I told the driver upfront I'm not too comfortable with heavy packages. I didn't tell him "no I ain't doin' that". When I said I talked my way out, I politely requested if I could do the other ones and he said that is totally cool with him.

The driver I work with is physically stronger than I am so he can handle this stop quicker than I can. If he asks me to do it anyways, I will put my effort. I will obviously be slower and will use safe lifting method and make a liberal use of the hand truck, but I will do it. I actually did it last time. I can handle lifting 70 lbs as required by job description. Yes I can handle it and will do the best I can.

I show up when I'm expected. Not a single late show or no show. Willing to learn and work with a sense of urgency.

UPSGUY72

Excuse my choice of words that led to misunderstanding. I did not refuse. When I made the last post, I meant that instead of just acting reluctant, I told the driver upfront I'm not too comfortable with heavy packages. I didn't tell him "no I ain't doin' that". When I said I talked my way out, I politely requested if I could do the other ones and he said that is totally cool with him.

The driver I work with is physically stronger than I am so he can handle this stop quicker than I can. If he asks me to do it anyways, I will put my effort. I will obviously be slower and will use safe lifting method and make a liberal use of the hand truck, but I will do it. I actually did it last time. I can handle lifting 70 lbs as required by job description. Yes I can handle it and will do the best I can.

I show up when I'm expected. Not a single late show or no show. Willing to learn and work with a sense of urgency.

Dude you got issues. Your also unbelievable. Your what some of us call a troll. Go back in the hole you came out of.

old levi's

blank space
Hey Ass Santa, take this package to that house. Leave it at the side door. Then bring your Santa Ass back to the truck immediately. Don't ask any questions and don't even think about touching the DIAD. You got that!

RiverFisher

I am starting to think the same thing. He lost me on the last post. It is one of those things where he is giving too much information to make his story believable.

Why throw in the part about walking fast because he leaves late for class unless you are going out of your way to pretend to be a student?

His questions about the DIAD are a little too in depth for any helper I know. I use the stupid thing every day I don't know or care about some of the things he was trying to do with it.

Wow. This actually made me feel better. I spent the weekend second guessing my worth after reading ASanta's posts about the things he does with the board. My 1st day I never touched the board. The next day my driver asked if I wanted to get a signature from this house. Gave me the board, told me have them sign and ask for their first name and bring the board back. I thought it was cool. Later in the day he showed me how to key in a name and SC. But that's all so far. Some of the things ASanta posted just blew my mind. I was actually kinda jealous. Not so much now.

Now I think I'll just continue being a "HERO" as upsguy72 called me. ( j/k all in fun )

menotyou

bella amicizia
Wow. This actually made me feel better. I spent the weekend second guessing my worth after reading ASanta's posts about the things he does with the board. My 1st day I never touched the board. The next day my driver asked if I wanted to get a signature from this house. Gave me the board, told me have them sign and ask for their first name and bring the board back. I thought it was cool. Later in the day he showed me how to key in a name and SC. But that's all so far. Some of the things ASanta posted just blew my mind. I was actually kinda jealous. Not so much now.

Now I think I'll just continue being a "HERO" as upsguy72 called me. ( j/k all in fun )
Really? Wait til Upstate get ahold of you. Holy! :winks:

menotyou

bella amicizia
Speaking of Upstate, where's he been? I don't think I saw him post at all yesterday or (so far) today!

I'm concerned!
I really hate admitting this, but I am too. I am hoping he was in Albany all day with his daughter or something. I mean if the 'Why menotyou should run ups' can't get a post out of him, then he must be ill. Right??? :rofl:

rod

Retired 22 years
Speaking of Upstate, where's he been? I don't think I saw him post at all yesterday or (so far) today!

I'm concerned!

Me too. I'm obligated to stick aroud here long enough to make sure he isn't going to post anymore once he retires. If it wasn't peak I would bet he was kicked back somewhere in a hot tub with his center manager.

AssistantSanta

Wow. This actually made me feel better. I spent the weekend second guessing my worth after reading ASanta's posts about the things he does with the board. My 1st day I never touched the board. The next day my driver asked if I wanted to get a signature from this house
Gave me the board, told me have them sign and ask for their first name and bring the board back.
I didn't get to touch it at all first week. At orientation they gave us a "helper using the DIAD IV Made Simple" and another packet on DIAD. Did you get those?

By the way, the written material tells me to get the LAST NAME as does my driver. Sounds like yours does it differently.

I thought it was cool. Later in the day he showed me how to key in a name and SC. But that's all so far. Some of the things ASanta posted just blew my mind. I was actually kinda jealous. Not so much now.
If you want to do more on it, just ask your driver. After a week, you should be able to handle most basic things on your own. I couldn't even complete simple driver release the first day or two I got to use it.

C

chuchu

Hope the company doesn't hire that dude (presumed) into supervision. Another bucking bull that we'll have to saddle and ride from hearing to hearing until he get tired of listening to himself talk trash.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I really hate admitting this, but I am too. I am hoping he was in Albany all day with his daughter or something. I mean if the 'Why menotyou should run ups' can't get a post out of him, then he must be ill. Right??? :rofl:
Right................... :rofl:

Blexcroid

Several of the FT regular driver have been telling us seasonal folks that we qualify for some of the same discounts that they get-- e.g. the 25% discount on the cell bill, etc. They say we only need to take our pay stubs to our cell provider to receive it. Are they being straight or yanking our chains? :blushing: I remember them talking about discounts at orientation, but thought they were only for regular FT & PT employees. Thanks!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Several of the FT regular driver have been telling us seasonal folks that we qualify for some of the same discounts that they get-- e.g. the 25% discount on the cell bill, etc. They say we only need to take our pay stubs to our cell provider to receive it. Are they being straight or yanking our chains? :blushing: I remember them talking about discounts at orientation, but thought they were only for regular FT & PT employees. Thanks!

All you have to do is bring your paystub to your cell phone provider and you will receive the discount. The only way the discount will end is if you notify them that you are no longer employed at UPS. It may not sound ethical but it is the way it is.