Seasonal preloaders

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Seasonal driver right about the time your mommy and daddy were probably in grade school.

center manager couldn't count days on a calendar, and called me back one day too early in January.

HardknocksUPSer

Seasonal driver right about the time your mommy and daddy were probably in grade school.

center manager couldn't count days on a calendar, and called me back one day too early in January.
Miracles happen huh? You and I both know UPS doesn't make sense, only took me a day or two, too figure that one out.

HardknocksUPSer

There you go. No guarantees.
I get what your saying and understand in all due respect but every center is different and things work out differently for everybody, I even know a guy who was hired off the street as a package car driver, things happen, no need for doubt buddy.

Oak

How come there's a lay off for "seasonals" before we are brought back at the first of the year to become permanents?
By laying a seasonal employee off, then not bringing them back until after the 'free period', the company gets to start your seniority date over ~ on the day of the re-hire.

HardknocksUPSer

By laying a seasonal employee off, then not bringing them back until after the 'free period', the company gets to start your seniority date over ~ on the day of the re-hire.
Thank you for a straight Anwser, that's what I was looking for and what I amagined was the deal. Appreciate it man.

HardknocksUPSer

Hope you make it, but don't hold your breath too long.
Thanks Cosmo, I hope for the best always expect the worst, bottom line is, if I don't make it and get cut you can bet your last dollar I'll be back but even better and will apply for every position so fast and so many times it makes the HR's head spin. I love the job and the environment, I've also found out it can suck at times but each and every next day is a better one.

Oak

Thank you for a straight Anwser, that's what I was looking for and what I amagined was the deal. Appreciate it man.
Permanent, seniority employees are more expensive for the company. Not that I agree with the shaft, but do kind of understand it.

"If" you are brought back, be prepared. This is only the "first time" the company will try to shaft you. Also, if you make seniority, JOIN THE UNION.

HardknocksUPSer

Permanent, seniority employees are more expensive for the company. Not that I agree with the shaft, but do kind of understand it.

"If" you are brought back, be prepared. This is only the "first time" the company will try to shaft you. Also, if you make seniority, JOIN THE UNION.
Thanks for the advice oak I plan to join the union. Some of the preloaders that I work with haven't joined the union due to the union dues, in my opinion a 5-10$ due per week isn't going to make or break me so why not go ahead and do it, I've heard they'll have my back when I need them and in my opinion that's worth it. Besides they are the reason we make what we make, 11$hr isn't much but it's a lot better than 7.25$ so I support them. Company's already tried to shaft me in a couple different ways. Just in a short time I've seen so many Different ways in which things are wicked and unfair. One day at a time, one day at a time.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Doesn't matter to me if you humbly accept the answers offered in this thread by experienced UPSers or not but just promise to come back and post on January 16 and again on March 16 as to your status with UPS.

I wish you luck.