Seasonal PT Package Handler here, woop woop!

I never realized working under union was that big of a deal.. I guess that's why I think a PT supervisor wouldn't be a bad gig.. I've worked every job I've had without a union.. I guess when you're protected for so long you just automatically think you'll get fired if you don't have someone there to protect you.. I don't really believe in unions anyways.. If I can work at walmart with no union and take it I can work at UPS and be just fine.

me and you are in the same boat reese

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I never realized working under union was that big of a deal.. I guess that's why I think a PT supervisor wouldn't be a bad gig.. I've worked every job I've had without a union.. I guess when you're protected for so long you just automatically think you'll get fired if you don't have someone there to protect you.. I don't really believe in unions anyways.. If I can work at walmart with no union and take it I can work at UPS and be just fine.

You keep thinking that, and get fired, and see if you get your job back. 100 bux sais your not getting your job back if your not in the union and your not going to get paid as much if your not union. Not trying to be a peckerhead but you really need to do your homework and look into the facts. Union versus non union, pretty much a no brainer really.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

Walmart and UPS are two entirely different animals.....not even on the same continent.

All Sports

Ive been here almost a month as well and for what I've seen so far I would turn down a Sup job based on certain challenges. Number 1, its a huge responsibility giving the fact that there are tons of things we do not know about the basic job, equipment, procedures, proper paper work in case of emergency etc....I'm fortunate to work long side a 30 pro who refuse to be a sup. I think approaching 4 weeks is not enough lead way to be a sup. If you can handle this then more power to you and I wish you the best of luck......................

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Ive been here almost a month as well and for what I've seen so far I would turn down a Sup job based on certain challenges. Number 1, its a huge responsibility giving the fact that there are tons of things we do not know about the basic job, equipment, procedures, proper paper work in case of emergency etc....I'm fortunate to work long side a 30 pro who refuse to be a sup. I think approaching 4 weeks is not enough lead way to be a sup. If you can handle this then more power to you and I wish you the best of luck......................

We are talking about PT sups here.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Supervisor- you lose your job, your unemployed, driver- you lose your job, your getting it back as long as you don't steal, kill somebody or get into a fight with somebody. Easy no brainer choice really.

Hey fellow UPSers!

My name is Reese and I found this forum looking for some info on the job...Cool thing happened- I got hired for seasonal in October and last night my supervisor asked me if I would be interested in being a PT supervisor...

To put it lightly YES I'm absolutely interested, and I thought this would be a good place to get some advice and answers to some questions:

*What types of questions might they ask during the interview process?

*What is one of the most challenging things for a PT supervisor?

*What qualities are they looking for?

*What's the worst thing that comes with the position?

*Can a supervisor also be a trainer or are those always two separate gigs?

*Is anybody here a PT supervisor that also has a second job and if so how is that going for ya?

If anybody wants to answer any of these I would appreciate it immensely!

Thanks, Reese

Well, Reese . . . looks like you got answers to a lot of those questions; but, probably not in the manner you were expecting. I wish you the best. Sounds like you are the kind of person with a bright attitude, and who likes to smile. I personally think that a genuine smile can go a long way in a warehouse . . . if you don't let the bullies beat it out of you.

If they do . . . well then you'll prove them right . . . because what they really believe is that there is no such thing as a genuine smile.

Prove them wrong.

I suspect that that the "beat-down" is just people wanting to make sure that you don't think you have more value as a person than anyone else just because you got "promoted." The trouble is that anyone who's ever had a "title" is going to struggle with pride. My philosophy with that is just to take my lumps and learn from it. Having some cynical employees with chips on their shoulders is a great crucible for learning how to lead with humility. Let it grind away the rough edges of your pride and you'll be a better human being even if you quit in three months. And who knows, you might even make some friends?

Good luck!