Seasonal Question

Mxryan490

I am currently a permanent package handler at a hub. My question is if I want to be a seasonal/holiday driver or driver helper will I be able to come back to my permanent package handler position after the holidays?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I am currently a permanent package handler at a hub. My question is if I want to be a seasonal/holiday driver or driver helper will I be able to come back to my permanent package handler position after the holidays?
Yes as long as you don't do anything to get fired while working as a seasonal driver

Mxryan490

Awesome I just wasn't sure if I would be replaced during peak if I left my permanent position. I just want to get out and get some experience doing what I want to make my career and driving. Thanks for the response

PT Car Washer

Awesome I just wasn't sure if I would be replaced during peak if I left my permanent position. I just want to get out and get some experience doing what I want to make my career and driving. Thanks for the response
If a seasonal driver you will be replaced during peak but should be able to get you position back afterwards. If you are a driver helper you are still responsible for doing your hub job.

upschuck

If you go driver helper, you work your normal permanent position, then work helper for the extra money. I don't think you can work the helper spot if it interferes with your normal shift, only shift they wouldn't be able to work around is the day sort.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
If you go driver helper, you work your normal permanent position, then work helper for the extra money. I don't think you can work the helper spot if it interferes with your normal shift, only shift they wouldn't be able to work around is the day sort.
Go in as a helper at 5 or 6 at night.
BOOM! Just blew your mind

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have insiders from both the preload and metro as helpers. The preloaders had their hours capped and were usually dragging after only a few hours. The metro helpers worked hard but had to be off the car earlier than I would have liked.

StoptheAct1212

U can do both. Just if your slacking on your normal position or running out of hours... no more helper.... plus if they send me a helper for 2 hours, its a waste of time..

StoptheAct1212

Im sorry, your a permanent employee... your in..you always have your loading job.. . if for some reason you can drive for the season... jump on it... let management sort it out... then u go back to load once all dies out