Seasonal unloader

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Apparently your fiancé told you all about me.
Xw22ahs.gif

browner89

No that's easy, as in how to find the label right way because they told me I have to unload a 28' pup trailer in 45 min and a 53 footer on an hour to an hour and 20 min

Theres a method to finding labels, it's known as the "flip the box around til you see it, aim it at the roof, set package on belt" method.

barnyard

KTM rider
It would be silly if there were a post stickied at the top of this forum that had 'new hire' right in the title. It would be even more silly, perhaps even stupid to think that a new hire that found this page would read such nonsense.

Sigh

Wolv

1. Get close to the object - work within your power zone.
2. Position your feet shoulder width apart, one slightly ahead of the other.
3. Bend at the knees - keep the natural curve of your back.
4. Test the object for weight and shifting contents.
5. Get a firm grip and grasp opposite corners.
6. Lift with a smooth steady motion - don't jerk.
7. Move your feet. Step or pivot - don't twist.
8. Use existing equipment for facilities to assist in the lift or lower.

:backingout:

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I'll look into it after my first day my back was killing me, any idea to how long it takes to get used to the constant lifting?
Never amigo never. You stay sore on this job. Vacations n retirement only time your not sore. Welcome to 25 to 30 years of pain son lol.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
What's up I recently started working as a UPS seasonal unloader at a UPS facility in the loop area of Chicago, yesterday I started my first day of training unloading trailers and I kept :censored2:ing up. Can you guys give me any tips for lifing heavy packages and how to speed up productivity?
@GHerbo, if you don't get hired on as a permanent employee in January, you can request a partial rebate of the union dues you paid. Write a letter to the principal officer/executive board explaining the duration of your employment as a seasonal. The address is posted on "Union" bulletin boards throughout that building. Do it in January (again, if you don't become permanent).

***NOTE: THIS INFORMATION IS SPECIFIC TO THE TEAMSTER LOCAL UNION WHERE THIS POSTER WORKS. DIFFERENT LOCALS WILL HAVE DIFFERENT POLICIES ABOUT THIS.***