Seasonal worker in trouble with the law!!

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by DainGrant, Jan 7, 2013.

1. DainGrant

DainGrant New Member
  2. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

3. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Good to see the officer laid the smack down and survived. Hopefully the helper can't pick his check up for at least 10years. Someone needs to make sure they wash the scum out of it.
  4. PiedmontSteward

PiedmontSteward RTW-4-Less

I bet corporate is absolutely thrilled this guy went to court with his browns on.
  5. User Name

User Name Only 230 Today?? lol

Looks like another helper.
  6. 1080Driver

1080Driver Member

My neighboring driver's helper was fired Monday because he supposedly supplied the helper uniforms
  7. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Ups hires the best. Most of the time. That's logistics
  8. I Am Jacks Damaged Box

I Am Jacks Damaged Box Well-Known Member

I love logistics!
  9. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Who was the hr person who let him slip through. Talk about a legacy.
  10. TearsInRain

TearsInRain part-time bossman

HR is apparently freaking out across the entire country

uniforms went from being returned within a few weeks to TOMORROW
  11. Buck Fifty

Buck Fifty New Member

This is the quality of driver you can expect with a two tier pay scale for the driving ranks. just sayin !!! Keep in mind while standing behind such an idea to get all that ground. Right Hoaxster !!!
  12. working up a sweat

working up a sweat Active Member

I work in an air hub. Everybody that is hired here is finger printed and background check is done. The feds require it, because we have access to airport property. This keeps out the riff-raff. Too bad this is not done in non airport UPS barns. The background checks costs money, but saves bad publicity.
  13. cino321

cino321 Active Member

Absolutely. They get what they deserve.
  14. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Suppose this were your business and you were hiring seasonal help---would you seriously shell out the $$$ for an extensive background check for an employee who will be there for less than two months?

The only reason the company cares is because the moron was stupid enough to wear the uniform to his arraignment. Had he showed up in street clothes we wouldn't be having this discussion.

We used to have a couple of drivers who liked to have a few cocktails at a local bar after work while still in uniform. The center manager at the time spoke to these drivers, pointed out the potential image problem and they have since stopped going.
  15. upsman68

upsman68 Active Member

We have drinks at a local bar in our uniforms. People come up and buy us drinks and tell us you guys do a great job. I don't think a center manager can tell us what we do after work. I understand what they are trying to say but is it a bad image to go to a bar.
  16. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Bring clothes to change into before going to the bar. I used to bowl at night. I sure didn't bowl in my browns.
  17. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

As an is a bad image!!
  18. ORLY!?!

ORLY!?! Master Loader

Its always why I say "where the hell did you find this people?".
  19. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime Active Member

Marquis Daniels used to play for the Pacers.
  20. gingerkat

gingerkat Well-Known Member

You know what he won't want to pick up in jail? His pants! He'll be getting his afternoon delight once convicted - haha!