Seat belt Motion In Package Car

TBH

An officially retired Oregonian .
I can not for the life of me buckle up one handed while starting the car with my other hand.

I feel like my arms are simply not long enough to cross my body and attach the seat belt with some discomfort.

So I pull the belt as fast as I can with my left hand then use my right hand to buckle and start the car.

I can do this very very quickly but an wondering if anyone else does it this way. Do you think the 1 arm buckle method makes that much of a difference in terms of saving time between stops?
You're kidding,I hope you're kidding, aren't you?

iamupser

Grease Monkey
Those of you who keep pulling seat belt over the steering wheel, I hope you don't actually NEED the seat belt to work in an emergency. I've replaced more 3 point seat belts because drivers are ruining them by stretching them over the steering wheel.

For years Integrity has complained about having 2 point seat belts, now the company has graced us with 3 points and look how some of you treat it!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Those of you who keep pulling seat belt over the steering wheel, I hope you don't actually NEED the seat belt to work in an emergency. I've replaced more 3 point seat belts because drivers are ruining them by stretching them over the steering wheel.

For years Integrity has complained about having 2 point seat belts, now the company has graced us with 3 points and look how some of you treat it!
Funny, our center manager saw someone do this and thought it was a good idea.

Brown_Star

Methods Man
I can not for the life of me buckle up one handed while starting the car with my other hand.

I feel like my arms are simply not long enough to cross my body and attach the seat belt with some discomfort.

So I pull the belt as fast as I can with my left hand then use my right hand to buckle and start the car.

I can do this very very quickly but an wondering if anyone else does it this way. Do you think the 1 arm buckle method makes that much of a difference in terms of saving time between stops?

Safety 1st .....buckle up 1st!

SmithBarney

If you have a 3 point belt(they retrofitted all the P1000's that had lap belts right) I used to leave it partially on the steering wheel so its already extended when you get in..

SmithBarney

UPS did no such thing....I guarantee it.

I guess it depends where you are, they had about half of our fleet done when I left. Had something to do with an accident somewhere where the drivers head smashed the console or windshield, had they had a 3pt belt it wouldn't have happened, lawsuit yadda yadda etc...
Try this if you have a "lap belt" PC, lean all the way forward in the seat simulating what your body would do in an accident, let me know where your head stops.. add about 5 inches for seatbelt and body give/stretch during an accident.

iamupser

Grease Monkey
They make mechanics sign in blood the "no modification" clause. Maybe they did a trial run in your area but it never went nationwide.

SmithBarney

They make mechanics sign in blood the "no modification" clause. Maybe they did a trial run in your area but it never went nationwide.

It was done off site, fairly sure our mechanics weren't involved. Not sure if it was a Dealership or what. Oh well, perhaps the cost outweighed the cost of an unlikely lawsuit.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
And when you get the seatbelt down you can work on taking only ONE step from the seat to the door. Extend your right foot as you stand, pivot and face bulkhead door.

Anyone else remember that gem? :)
That will eventually tear up your right knee.

PT Car Washer

If you have a 3 point belt(they retrofitted all the P1000's that had lap belts right) I used to leave it partially on the steering wheel so its already extended when you get in..
I drove an old P1000 all day Friday with a lap belt. I guaranty my building has a whole bunch of them.