Seat Belt Pledge

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I think thats as angry as I've ever seen him.

You do have to admire his ability to ignore the personal comments and try to keep the discussion on topic. I have yet to see him insult or flame anyone. A person with a drinking problem would not be able to do that. I dont agree with everything he posts but I respect the manner in which he tries to convey his message.

Integrity

Binge Poster
FracusBrown,

I have embedded my answers/response into your post.

Sincerely,
I
Certainly no offense intended, but I have to ask - were you drunk when you posted this?

No offense taken. I was not under the influence of any mind altering beverage or substance.

I am, however, always under the influence of the Spirit and the Truth.

I'm having difficulty understanding how sticking the original post and keeping personal references out encourages spirited discussion.

I believe that many individuals do not participate in discussions because of the one-liner, sit-com style responses that are given by some of the individuals that frequent this forum.

I believe that if questions were answered, or unanswered directly, and that responses were kept on topic, then "spirited" disussion and the give and take of ideas around the original intent of the discussion thread would be the result.

I also believe that productive participation in discussion threads would be greatly increased.

Did you mean to say you would like to keep the discussion on point or did you intend "spirited" to refer to alcohol induced gibberish disguised as a lame attemt at superiority?

I meant to say that I think it would be beneficial to keep the discussion on point and I did not intend for the term "spirited" to refer to the use of alcoholic beverages in any way or at any time.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Integrity did I just piss you off??
anonymous,

No, I am not angry with you or at you.

I simply try to answer questions when I can. Sometimes I am asked questions I will not answer, but not often.

Even though it is against my principles, I guess I should thank you for inviting me to your scheduled chat.

I thank you for the invite.

Sincerely
I

Nimnim

The Nim
anonymous,

No, I am not angry with you or at you.

I simply try to answer questions when I can. Sometimes I am asked questions I will not answer, but not often.

Even though it is against my principles, I guess I should thank you for inviting me to your scheduled chat.

I thank you for the invite.

Sincerely
I

Hate to further derail this thread, but after observing your immense civility, I've gotta ask. Does anything piss you off? Aside from grievous Integrity violations, which are not limited to physical violation of your person.

Feel free not to answer publicly as that very well could lead to people purposely pushing those buttons.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Hate to further derail this thread, but after observing your immense civility, I've gotta ask. Does anything piss you off? Aside from grievous Integrity violations, which are not limited to physical violation of your person.

Feel free not to answer publicly as that very well could lead to people purposely pushing those buttons.
Nimnim,

Getting angry over things, whether big or small, has never been consistent with dealing with things or life with Integrity.

I do strongly oppose the following:

Injustice of any kind, corrupt public officials, corporate or individual greed, killing unborn children, mistreatment of injured workers, lies, evil of any kind...

to name a few.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
Integrity, what would you consider mistreatment of an injured worker?
menotyou,

One way a company can mistreat their injured workers is to create a system or culture that tries to harass or coerce individuals not to report their injuries.

Sincerely,
I

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
menotyou,

One way a company can mistreat their injured workers is to create a system or culture that tries to harass or coerce individuals not to report their injuries.

Sincerely,
I

That is UPS in a nut shell.
In recent years I have had numerous coworkers injured on the the job requiring them to make workers comp claims.
Without exception the company has done everything in its power to try and coerce them into using short term disability and their benefits to seek treatment.
The ones with the fortitude to fight were subject to no less than a hearing and appeal regardless of how obvious the circumstances were.
That is why I never doubted Crash's story for a moment.

menotyou

bella amicizia
menotyou,

Sincerely,
I
Integrity,
Thank you for your reply. Could I get you to comment on what are the company's moral responsibilities to the worker once his injury has been reported?

Best Regards,

Menotyou

menotyou

bella amicizia
That is UPS in a nut shell.
In recent years I have had numerous coworkers injured on the the job requiring them to make workers comp claims.
Without exception the company has done everything in its power to try and coerce them into using short term disability and their benefits to seek treatment.
The ones with the fortitude to fight were subject to no less than a hearing and appeal regardless of how obvious the circumstances were.
That is why I never doubted Crash's story for a moment.
I hope Crash is doing well.