Seat Belt Sensor for Jump Seat

browned out

Is the safety of driver helpers and on car sups not as important as package car drivers?

UPS needs to correct this problem before a helper or on car sup falls out of the car. Some drivers at peak do not care if helpers are belted; and the helpers don't know any better.

Simple solution: telematic the jump seat.

Cementups

Box Monkey
They can't put them in since they would be set off 99.5% of the time. It's your job as the driver to make sure that your passenger has his/her seatbelt on.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I've wasted a lot of time having a supervisor with me just staring at them and waiting for them to put on their seatbelt. Actually had a sup once say to me, "Go ahead, I'll get it then" My response was "the wheels don't move until your ass is strapped into that seat."

barnyard

KTM rider
It's your job as the driver to make sure that your passenger has his/her seatbelt on.

It is what I do on annual ride alongs. Since telematics was installed, I do not turn the key until the supes belt is clicked. Good for the goose is good for the gander.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
It is what I do on annual ride alongs. Since telematics was installed, I do not turn the key until the supes belt is clicked. Good for the goose is good for the gander.

I love it when, in the process of buckling the belt, they drop their clipboard on the ground in a puddle and I have to wait for them to unbuckle and climb out to retrieve it. I used to have a heavy pickup route...32 stops in 90 minutes...and I was so fast that in one smooth motion I would stop the car, unbuckle by belt, secure the park brake, and be standing there waiting to exit the vehicle while my sup was still sitting there fumbling around with his clipboard and trying to get his belt unbuckled. If he was being a real ass to me, I would politely remind him of the fact that I had to complete a pickup stop every 86 seconds in order to make the airport shuttle on time and that if he couldnt speed up his exit routine I would be more than happy to drop him off and come back to get him when my pickups were done. It may be a coincidence, but I seldom if ever get OJS rides any more.

browned out

It would be very easy to put the sensor on the jump seat and monitor it. Package car driver Billy runner, gunner encourages his/her helper to not use the seatbelt to save time.

Telematics will be coming to the jump seat.