Second Job Outside UPS

Overpaid Union Thug

Anyone else have a second job at UPS? Or consider UPS their second job?

I've had two jobs for the majority of my time at UPS. It started out as a college job and then it became a second job when my parents moved and I had to start paying rent. I ended up being like most people at UPS and was just waiting to go driving. I'm in the National Guard so I technically have two jobs. When I was part-time I usually had a full-time job, the part-time job at UPS, and the National Guard gig so I was actually working three jobs for a while! Thats why it kills me to see so many people on unemployment. I was working three jobs and some people claim they can't even find one! Ridiculous!

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
... Thats why it kills me to see so many people on unemployment. I was working three jobs and some people claim they can't even find one! Ridiculous!

You have to admit, though - although I agree with you there were almost ALWAYS jobs available if you let go of your pride, there really isn't that type of opportunity in this economic climate.

Locally, there has been a quarterly Job Fair that has been an event for over 30 years. Last Qtr it was actually canceled - there were no employers scheduled to show up.

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
After Pre-Load, if I do not drive... I go home lay down for about 30 minutes then play with my son and then I go work on 4 Wheelers, Motorcycles, Lawnmowers, chainsaws, trimmers etc.... I can make about $200-500 dollars a week just working on things at the house. If I don't have anything to work on, then I will go mow yards with a buddy of mine.

If I don't feel like doing anything..Well then I don't!!

gopack

I own 30% of a local irish bar plus me and my wife own another bar and grill. My day starts at 6:45 running a box truck to 5 of are centers largest customers. When I'm done I head back to the center and take another box truck with the rest of there packages plus another 4 stops. On Fridays I'm up at 5:45 go to work clock out around 4-4:45 go home and have dinner get to the bar around 7. The bar closes at 2 A.M. and then it takes about 2 hours to get things cleaned up and restocked for Saturday. 5:45 A.M. to 4 A.M. the next day is a long day. M-Th I'm usually home before 10 if I'm at the bar

Ms Spoken

Everyone needs to have a back up plan because you never know when that brown "loafer" is going to boot you out the door.

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
Being a homeowner is a part-time job in itself. At least thats how I look at it and my job at UPS is a full time job........So I basically have 2 jobs - 1 part time and 1 full time. I have a solid work ethic with both jobs and take pride in both after a days work.

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
Being a homeowner is a part-time job in itself. At least thats how I look at it and my job at UPS is a full time job........So I basically have 2 jobs - 1 part time and 1 full time. I have a solid work ethic with both jobs and take pride in both after a days work.

O concur!!

jds4lunch

What the hell is YOUPS??
I ref hockey on the side. I'm glad my sup is somewhat flexable with my hours and lets me leave early whenever I need to. There are some long road trips though that make the next day of delivering a long one.