Second Job Outside UPS

LU710

I have been at UPS for over 16 years and have pretty much always had a second job. For the past 11 years I have ran a small janitorial business. Works well with UPS.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I have been at UPS for over 16 years and have pretty much always had a second job. For the past 11 years I have ran a small janitorial business. Works well with UPS.

Good for you, I respect that.
A lot of friend/T management, Drivers and P/T too I have worked with have had things going on the side.
I've also know several whose spouse had a business and the UPSer would help after work and on weekends.

I think this will be a growing trend as UPS continues to reduce the compensation for their management people.

27Redfish

I make a little extra $$ fishing in fishing tournaments. About 2-4k a year the last 3 years. The tax write-off makes it wothwhile.

UPSide02

While I consider UPS my primary job(hanging on to the hope of someday going FT), I have a FT job during the day at a local factory. USW #2345. I average 55-60 hrs a week on top of 18-22 hrs at UPS. My wife also works fulltime,which cuts deeply into family time. Also I cut down trees on the weekends and on vacations.

LVD*4*LIFE

Hello all!
I am & will be a career PartTimer. This is my 15th year. Ebay allows me to do that. I sell vintage Baseball cards.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
While I consider UPS my primary job(hanging on to the hope of someday going FT), I have a FT job during the day at a local factory. USW #2345. I average 55-60 hrs a week on top of 18-22 hrs at UPS. My wife also works fulltime,which cuts deeply into family time. Also I cut down trees on the weekends and on vacations.
Good for you guys. Hope this pays off for you.

Hello all!
I am & will be a career PartTimer. This is my 15th year. Ebay allows me to do that. I sell vintage Baseball cards.
Great to hear, sounds like you have made a plan and are going with that very plan.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

What do you do for relaxation? Make gravel out of boulders with a 5 pound sledge hammer?

Sammie

Our pergo flooring was installed by a UPS driver as was a furnace. Our motorcycles are repaired by a UPS driver, if we ever get around to a cruise we'll most likely go via a UPS driver's travel agency and the basement to our old townhome was finished by a UPS driver.

Quite an impressive bunch!!!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Our pergo flooring was installed by a UPS driver as was a furnace. Our motorcycles are repaired by a UPS driver, if we ever get around to a cruise we'll most likely go via a UPS driver's travel agency and the basement to our old townhome was finished by a UPS driver.

Quite an impressive bunch!!!
Talented bunch, those UPS'ers!