Second jobs

wannabeups

My bad.
I didn't see the post was so old.
But, if you were under 40hrs Dot would allow you to drive more.
UPS has never restricted a driver to be able to moonlight, as far as I know.
How's the money now?
P.S.
Do feeder drivers make less than a pkg car driver?
When you said making top scale, it made me wonder.

The money is better still not up to top scale. Have been in hub about 10 weeks. I tried doing like people above and below me, working one shift one day a week, to keep their benefits. I was told I couldn't.

I told them after next week to just put me in a layoff, till I get called back to driving.

wannabeups

My bad.
I didn't see the post was so old.
But, if you were under 40hrs Dot would allow you to drive more.
UPS has never restricted a driver to be able to moonlight, as far as I know.
How's the money now?
P.S.
Do feeder drivers make less than a pkg car driver?
When you said making top scale, it made me wonder.

The money is better still not up to top scale. Have been in hub about 10 weeks. I tried doing like people above and below me, working one shift one day a week, to keep their benefits. I was told I couldn't.

I told them after next week to just put me in a layoff, till I get called back to driving.

They have me doing irregs putting them up on the catwalk. The getting in trailer and crawling under extendo to pull them in to clear the catwalk

Last edited:

wannabeups

They have me doing irregs putting them up on the catwalk. The getting in trailer and crawling under extendo to pull them in to clear the catwalk

The further you go under the extendo the lower you have to go. The closer you get to the nose the you almost have to do a belly crawl. Most of this stuff is over 100 lbs. I am strong enough to do it but today they were telling me to hurry up. You are in an ackward position underneath and get in too big a hurry and you can seriously injure yourself.

I hope and pray if/when I get called back to driving they don't make some kid do the same thing.