Second Lunch

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by undies, Dec 9, 2014.

1. undies

undies Active Member

Since they changed our boards to only have a time slot for one lunch. Are we still entitled to it? I'm in so cal and wondering.
  2. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

There may be a posting about off the clock work somewhere and it says to code it out in another area. I'm not sure if this posting is outdated. It talks about meal/ rest periods also.

4. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Your boards are obviously different. Mine has 4 spots for break plus a 5th if you include paid break in other work.
  5. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

Your board should prompt you about this and the waiver to be signed on file.
  6. UPSJedi2112

UPSJedi2112 I blast Rush in my truck.

I'm not sure about second lunch, but I know for a fact that hobbits take second breakfast.
  7. BrownChoice

BrownChoice Active Member

Why woukd you want to be at work, away from home or family, for anymore time than you already are?? Thats the question...
  8. Scottyhawk

Scottyhawk What is it? A brown box. Duh

I think the OP is talking about breaking up lunch, instead of taking an hour you take a 20 and a 40.
  9. You've Got Mail

You've Got Mail Active Member

I was told I have to take a full 60 minute lunch and that's the only break I get as a driver. Fine with me. I don't need 60 minutes though. 30 would be fine.
  10. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

We have 4 lines to break up our 30 minute lunch and we can break up our 2 10 minute breaks into whatever we want in other work/break.
  11. undies

undies Active Member

In my area, we have to take one 30 minute lunch. The second 30 minute lunch used to pop up as an option after 10 hours. Basically I was told to go help and was not feeling it, I told them is take my second lunch and get back to them. Thirty minutes later, I was told to just drive in. The PM dispatch guy said he would figure out how to add it to my time card since there is no option on the diad...
  12. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Runner-Gunner lunch: 13:00-13:02.
  13. 10 point

10 point Well-Known Member

He's hungry again....maybe?
  14. 10 point

10 point Well-Known Member

It was just a joke.
  15. Coldworld

Coldworld Well-Known Member

How bout your breaks?? are they counted in the 60 minutes
  16. undies

undies Active Member

Breaks are paid. We get two 15 minutes for 8 hours, then an additional 10 minute after 10 hours. Lunch is not paid time.
  17. Coldworld

2 15 minute breaks..nice
  18. Coldworld

So some areas want an hour of unpaid lunch and your 2 15 minutes paid breaks??
  19. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I would be content with just a 30 minute (unpaid) lunch and 10 minute (paid) break.
  20. Coldworld

Are there laws that say an employer has to give an employee a paid break (s)???