Second official day of peak

MaceFremonti

There was a sign by one of the outbound belts today. Said something to the effect of "For the first time in history, NewPA will process overs 1,000,000 packages today". Pretty sure they did about 1.2 million last year on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving..

LOL...almost took a picture of that today to post on BC....but my load was actually ready early so I rolled out!

upschuck

Our preload about ran into our day sort, and day sort put all the bulk and lib's back on the belt to resort for Wednesday delivery, instead of leaving it so it could be delivered. This years plan is working like a charm.

browntroll

i worked over 5 hours again like yesterday, last year i was able to escape early but not this year. i had my sup
begging me to stay and help out, guy i was working with yesterday got 7 hours i escaped at 5 and a half.
i should stay to get more hours but i love it when the sups get yelled at for not finishing on time.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I heard some centers have multiple drivers not finishing tonight. Let's hope it slows down at the end of this week.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
We passed last peak two weeks ago. Drivers were complaining we weren't wrapped this morning and preload needs to start earlier. Sup said when trailers don't show up til 2:30 not much we can do.

He's right. With two unload doors and 1 belt in the center there is just not much more we can do. Already have 1 loader for every 2 trucks. We need the work at the building earlier or more capacity. Those are the only two things that could help.

My center is sounding about the same as yours. We had 6 drivers get done by or just after 9 tonight. I flashed them on my way home

brown metal coffin

Our start was pushed back to 9 am. We left the building at 9:45. Pre load started at 2:45. 1st load came in at 4:30. Cant make money if this keeps up. Well ---- I can anyways :-).

You also forgot to mention that the new hire loaders loaded the air in the blown out cars and then buried it with resi. Also, they blew out the front of the cars to the point where you couldn't even close your front door or put your hand cart back in; and it was just a solid wall. Its been fun so far. You ask the new loaders why there is the same business stop is on 4 different shelves while the residential is loaded in the aisle and they just give the deer in the headlights look :oops:.

Oh well. Tomorrow is a brand new day. One stop at a time.... Breath in. Breath out. Breath in. Breath out and so on....

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
You also forgot to mention that the new hire loaders loaded the air in the blown out cars and then buried it with resi. Also, they blew out the front of the cars to the point where you couldn't even close your front door or put your hand cart back in; and it was just a solid wall. Its been fun so far. You ask the new loaders why there is the same business stop is on 4 different shelves while the residential is loaded in the aisle and they just give the deer in the headlights look :oops:.

Oh well. Tomorrow is a brand new day. One stop at a time.... Breath in. Breath out. Breath in. Breath out and so on....

That sounded like my Monday. Floor to ceiling. Front to back. Plus they brought out a bulk stop (21-3x2 boxes) and 10 more stops around noon. Hence an 8:30 night

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
I got home at 930 . I had 310 stops brick loaded. I used the post office dock to unload the oversize packages. I drive a p700 and knew unorganization would conquer over controlling their philosophy of throw it on the floor and get it out the door or get it on the truck cause we dont give a friend.

novadriver

this is my first peak, and man, i was thinking i shud just throw in the towel, but i just kept chugging along one stop at a time.. they sent me help for the 5 apt buildings and we clocked out by 10 ... only 9 missed pieces lol.. my rear door handle snapped off about 11am, after that i was screwed

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
this is my first peak, and man, i was thinking i shud just throw in the towel, but i just kept chugging along one stop at a time.. they sent me help for the 5 apt buildings and we clocked out by 10 ... only 9 missed pieces lol.. my rear door handle snapped off about 11am, after that i was screwed
Just keep chugging...oh look at the time....time to make the.donuts!

Man Of Brown

This was my truck this morning. We are projected to hit last years peak volume tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_20141202_094124135_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20141202_094124135_HDR.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 224