Second official day of peak

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Thank goodness I have a place on my route where I can back on to their dock and unload the middle and leave it for a couple of hours until I can make some room. Thankful for good customers.
Exactly , I miss my route friend who died at 82 with several complications. I used her garage for 5 plus years and what a difference it made.Now I'm using the post office dock and a little scared. Today they tried to shove 340 stops on my 700 (not) they had to pull shelf 7 and 8000 and someone dropped that at the post office dock. Helper didn't show so I ran 402 packages , 280 stops by myself with 3 pickups only. Clocked out at 8 , I'm tired. All residential with one large apt. Complex, did them a favor, ran like a beer nut. Actually I started this yesterday. Its day three of hell.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
This was my truck this morning. We are projected to hit last years peak volume tomorrow.
Mine has looked like that for the last week, except add a few massive over 100s. I don't know what's up with all the residential peak bulk. Worst offender has been beds. 110-120 lbs per box and they come in 2 boxes. Someone has apparently made it cost effective to justify spending a ridonkulous amount of money on shipping to get the beds.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
We are so screwed. TP60 was packed tight. Shuttle brought out about 50 more parcels around 3pm. Delivered 130 stops and 260 parcels in 12 3/4 hours. 10pm curfew resulted in 40 missed stops and 60 missed pieces. None of them will be in EDD tomorrow. Will not be a good day but at least Friday is looking light as I will be out of hours around 5pm.
Why wouldn't missed stops be in EDD the next day? They don't re-spa/pal your stuff?

Re-Raise

Mine has looked like that for the last week, except add a few massive over 100s. I don't know what's up with all the residential peak bulk. Worst offender has been beds. 110-120 lbs per box and they come in 2 boxes. Someone has apparently made it cost effective to justify spending a ridonkulous amount of money on shipping to get the beds.
I had four of those battery powered car things for kids. Those bastards take up a lot of room.

Dr.Brownz

We passed last peak two weeks ago. Drivers were complaining we weren't wrapped this morning and preload needs to start earlier. Sup said when trailers don't show up til 2:30 not much we can do.

He's right. With two unload doors and 1 belt in the center there is just not much more we can do. Already have 1 loader for every 2 trucks. We need the work at the building earlier or more capacity. Those are the only two things that could help.

My center has two doors and two belts thankfully. One belt would be hell. We matched volume for the peak day last year today. Tomorrow we are running more routes than we have ever run before in our center. We are nearly doubling the size of our tiny stone-age center this peak. Preload takes about 3.5-4 hours. It sucks not getting out till 10pm or later, but I don't mind the overtime. My center seems very prepared I pulled in at 6:15pm to find most of the drivers were in, only guys out were two extended routes who are in around 6pm usually but were running late because of bad road conditions.

S

selfcancelsignal

I said it before & I'll say it again. Stop with "the amount of hours for the helper" crap, & let them stay with the drivers for the duration of their shifts, the entire peak.

O

OLDMAN3

I said it before & I'll say it again. Stop with "the amount of hours for the helper" crap, & let them stay with the drivers for the duration of their shifts, the entire peak.
I just ignore their helper hour rules. They set up the helper to start at 11:00 AM, I tell him the next day I will meet him at my 1st stop and keep him to the last stop. Just ignore them.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Exactly , I miss my route friend who died at 82 with several complications. I used her garage for 5 plus years and what a difference it made.Now I'm using the post office dock and a little scared. Today they tried to shove 340 stops on my 700 (not) they had to pull shelf 7 and 8000 and someone dropped that at the post office dock. Helper didn't show so I ran 402 packages , 280 stops by myself with 3 pickups only. Clocked out at 8 , I'm tired. All residential with one large apt. Complex, did them a favor, ran like a beer nut. Actually I started this yesterday. Its day three of hell.
City route? I had a bricked 7 today with 350 pieces and 160 stops. 250 miles.

upsbeernut

What's the point to drop off and drive back to where you were and finish in the dark .

O

OLDMAN3

We need to double our pre-load staffing. Drivers are loading for 1/2 an hour to 1 hour when normally pre-load has it wrapped. Then we run off our NDA and by 1030 we are 1 hour+ behind. We have been rolling stops to the next day all week, and the problem just gets worse. I assure you 20 years ago this would not have happened in our building. Enough slick videos and propaganda; hire some bodies!

upsbeernut

We need to double our pre-load staffing. Drivers are loading for 1/2 an hour to 1 hour when normally pre-load has it wrapped. Then we run off our NDA and by 1030 we are 1 hour+ behind. We have been rolling stops to the next day all week, and the problem just gets worse. I assure you 20 years ago this would not have happened in our building. Enough slick videos and propaganda; hire some bodies!
Hire drivers and trucks that are comfortable and safe.