Second official day of peak

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Packages to big for current equipment. Why not take the irregulars and put them on a separate truck (Hello!)
No he just sucks at his job. Honestly surprised he was disciplined. Had another driver set him up stop for stop and give him maps. He proceeded to do like 2 stops over the next 3 hours.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
God that's a long day. I guess I'm used to a tight route like my dream girl.

Actually, it was an easy route. 35-45 stops plus maybe 20 pick-up stops. And, I averaged close to 150 nda's delivered and over 200 nda's picked up. Done at 6:00 every single night (had to get the air back).

BrownChoice

Why the hell would management care if your truck is bricked out with only 1 foot of room(if your lucky) into the bulk head area? They dont have to deal with it. Oh but you better not be too far over-allowed!!!!!!

O

OLDMAN3

Can you get in trouble for that? Failure to follow directives??
Ask them if they would prefer missed stops and see how hard they push the helper hour limitation. I have not dropped off a helper before last stop for 6 years. I never got a warning letter, and never heard of anyone else getting one either.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Why the hell would management care if your truck is bricked out with only 1 foot of room(if your lucky) into the bulk head area? They dont have to deal with it. Oh but you better not be too far over-allowed!!!!!!
I always make sure I have 4 feet from back of bulkhead into back of truck clear. Will never brick straight all the way to bulkhead door. For 1 its not a bulk route n 2 I tell them I need a couple feet to work stuff out 1st part of day from the back.

TBH

An officially retired Oregonian .
this is my first peak, and man, i was thinking i shud just throw in the towel, but i just kept chugging along one stop at a time.. they sent me help for the 5 apt buildings and we clocked out by 10 ... only 9 missed pieces lol.. my rear door handle snapped off about 11am, after that i was screwed
Just listen to what Jump told ya. It was the Veteran drivers that saved my butt way back in the day. They saved my ass many times over, way back in my first peak:1987. My last peak was 12 months ago! Remember, the WOR, SPH, whatever, it's all a joke! Work smart and work safe. Just keep your nose clean and you'll make it!

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
I said it before & I'll say it again. Stop with "the amount of hours for the helper" crap, & let them stay with the drivers for the duration of their shifts, the entire peak.
I ignore that number and use the helper as long as I need him. No one has said a word to me yet. One less thing to worry about.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I thought the driver who brought your work to you swung back in the afternoon to grab your pickups, send agains, look ups and DIAD to bring them all back to the center.

I'm sure the satellite drivers would love that. It would make for a short day everyday.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I thought the driver who brought your work to you swung back in the afternoon to grab your pickups, send agains, look ups and DIAD to bring them all back to the center.
Our satellite drivers pull as far as they need to do give the driver their board and pick up pieces. They then deliver the rest and call the OMS with dr locations and such.