Secondary sorter?

Nostromo

I was offered a secondary sort position by my lead sup. I'm currently a feeder loader on twilight with 2 weeks left on my probation. My questions are, why ask a lowest "seniority" person to fill that spot. Is the job more taxing on the body? And finally is the job a permeable job or would I be asked to fill in a secondary sort position while performing my current duties

Sent using Morse code

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
That's one job I never did in my career, but my son is sitting here behind me, and he has. He said the secondary job is far superior than loading feeder trailers. He says it might depend on your building volumn as well. good luck to you.

Nostromo

That's one job I never did in my career, but my son is sitting here behind me, and he has. He said the secondary job is far superior than loading feeder trailers. He says it might depend on your building volumn as well. good luck to you.

Building volume is pretty high I imagine we have something like 150-160 doors. Buck raise, hell why not. Thanks for the replies

Sent using Morse code

Nostromo

The trade off: easier on knees & back & hips, from my experience. You're not bending down to pick up pkgs from rollers (or floor) & climbing up a load stand.

So technically in order of jobs that leave after shift is feeder unloaders, primary/secondary sorters, feeder loaders and bulk or irreg employees?

Sent using Morse code