Secret Email Accounts in the Presidential Promise of Transparency

texan

Emails of top Obama appointees remain a mystery
WASHINGTON (AP) — Some of President Barack Obama's political appointees, including the
Cabinet secretary for the Health and Human Services Department, are using secret government email
accounts they say are necessary to prevent their inboxes from being overwhelmed with
unwanted messages, according to a review by The Associated Press.

The scope of using the secret accounts across government remains a mystery: Most U.S. agencies
have failed to turn over lists of political appointees' email addresses, which the AP sought under
the Freedom of Information Act more than three months ago.

The Labor Department initially asked the AP to pay more than $1 million for its email addresses.

Note the AP’s headline. In a Republican administration, such behavior would be called a crime.

But in the case of the Obama administration it is just “a mystery.”

But lest we forget, when it was disclosed that Sarah Palin had a Yahoo
account (which was hacked by a Democrat operative, whom the AP celebrated), that was
considered to be the crime of the century.

Upsmule

WASHINGTON (AP) — Some of President Barack Obama's political appointees, including the
Cabinet secretary for the Health and Human Services Department, are using secret government email
accounts they say are necessary to prevent their inboxes from being overwhelmed with
unwanted messages, according to a review by The Associated Press.

The scope of using the secret accounts across government remains a mystery: Most U.S. agencies
have failed to turn over lists of political appointees' email addresses, which the AP sought under
the Freedom of Information Act more than three months ago.

The Labor Department initially asked the AP to pay more than $1 million for its email addresses.

Note the AP’s headline. In a Republican administration, such behavior would be called a crime.

But in the case of the Obama administration it is just “a mystery.”

But lest we forget, when it was disclosed that Sarah Palin had a Yahoo
account (which was hacked by a Democrat operative, whom the AP celebrated), that was
considered to be the crime of the century.

SUBJECT: Transparency and Open Government

"My Administration is committed to creating an unprecedented level of openness in Government. We will work together to ensure the public trust and establish a system of transparency, public participation, and collaboration. Openness will strengthen our democracy and promote efficiency and effectiveness in Government."

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

http://m.whitehouse.gov/the_press_office/TransparencyandOpenGovernment

Upsmule

Well, you voted for him I'm sure, you partisan hack!

“As one of the few members of Congress who consistently voted against the Patriot Act, I expressed concern at the time of passage that it gave the government far too much power to spy on innocent United State citizens and provided for very little oversight or disclosure. Unfortunately, what I said turned out to be exactly true." --Sen Bernie Sanders(D​)

Bernie Sanders - U.S. Senator for Vermont

Upsmule

Damn....

Total knee jerk reaction maybe? Could have sworn I read / saw somewhere he was democrat. I love him even more now.