security?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by whome, Sep 8, 2012.

1. whome

whome Member

How do you get to be the security guard job at the security shack? that has to be the easiest job ever!

2. brownIEman

brownIEman Active Member

most of them are outsourced to outside security agencies.

3. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

They probably Make $8.00 just like the armored car guard and any other rent a cop...

4. Shifting Contents

Shifting Contents Most Help Needed

I made 13 dollars and hour unarmed and 25 an hour armed 10 years ago.

5. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

You got lucky...

Most of those guard make close to minimum wage whether they carry a gun or not.. People that work security directly for a Company make more then those that are sub contract out. That is why most company sub contract security when they can.

6. Shifting Contents

Fresh out of the military in a very popular vacation area.

7. bigblu 2 you

bigblu 2 you Active Member

and your not still with them?

8. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

I drove an armored truck for Brinks for a very short time. They were Teamsters then, not sure if they still are.

9. Shifting Contents

Not if I want to stay married. ;-)

10. TearsInRain

TearsInRain part-time bossman

the guards at our building make around 17 an hour

11. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

What's a guard shack?

We have an employee entry door with magnetic key card. Our customer counter has a separate unsecured entry door. Customers walk through our open overhead doors (drives the center manager crazy). During the winter we stop at our personal vehicles to start them before parking the pkg cars and punching out.

12. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

We don't even have key cards. Everything wide open.

13. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

...or like your preloaded?

14. Really? You admit that? We had a guy fired for changing his shoes prior to punch out.

15. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

One requirement is not being able to speak English. At least at my building it is.

16. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Huh, we do not have security and our private vehicles are parked 20-50 feet from where the package cars are parked. I routinely strap my lunchbox to my motorcycle after I park. We also do not have any security doors.

17. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

Same here. We actually are on the same property as another business (storage units) so we have people coming and going all the time.

18. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

We just got a beeper on the door so the OMS knows someone is there. But, she is always on her cell, so you could go shopping up on the dock, if you wanted and she wouldn't know. Most of the time, she is the only one there. The only badge we ever got was for going to the airport.

19. Well ok......So for conversation.......a mgt type- say district mgr on visit to your facility.......see's you do this......what are you going to say? What could you possibly say? "We do it all the time........" See? Now, tell me really-do you think this is proper? I.E.-not stealing time?

20. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Happens all the time. By the time we do our end of day and punch out our cars are all defrosted.