security?

whome

How do you get to be the security guard job at the security shack? that has to be the easiest job ever!

UPSGUY72

I made 13 dollars and hour unarmed and 25 an hour armed 10 years ago.

You got lucky...

Most of those guard make close to minimum wage whether they carry a gun or not.. People that work security directly for a Company make more then those that are sub contract out. That is why most company sub contract security when they can.

over9five

Staff member
I drove an armored truck for Brinks for a very short time. They were Teamsters then, not sure if they still are.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What's a guard shack?

We have an employee entry door with magnetic key card. Our customer counter has a separate unsecured entry door. Customers walk through our open overhead doors (drives the center manager crazy). During the winter we stop at our personal vehicles to start them before parking the pkg cars and punching out.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
What's a guard shack?

We have an employee entry door with magnetic key card. Our customer counter has a separate unsecured entry door. Customers walk through our open overhead doors (drives the center manager crazy). During the winter we stop at our personal vehicles to start them before parking the pkg cars and punching out.

We don't even have key cards. Everything wide open.

W

want to retire

What's a guard shack?

Really? You admit that? We had a guy fired for changing his shoes prior to punch out.

barnyard

KTM rider
Really? You admit that? We had a guy fired for changing his shoes prior to punch out.

Huh, we do not have security and our private vehicles are parked 20-50 feet from where the package cars are parked. I routinely strap my lunchbox to my motorcycle after I park. We also do not have any security doors.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Huh, we do not have security and our private vehicles are parked 20-50 feet from where the package cars are parked. I routinely strap my lunchbox to my motorcycle after I park. We also do not have any security doors.
Same here. We actually are on the same property as another business (storage units) so we have people coming and going all the time.

menotyou

bella amicizia
We just got a beeper on the door so the OMS knows someone is there. But, she is always on her cell, so you could go shopping up on the dock, if you wanted and she wouldn't know. Most of the time, she is the only one there. The only badge we ever got was for going to the airport.

W

want to retire

Well ok......So for conversation.......a mgt type- say district mgr on visit to your facility.......see's you do this......what are you going to say? What could you possibly say? "We do it all the time........" See? Now, tell me really-do you think this is proper? I.E.-not stealing time?