Seeking advice on bad situation w/ driver

trickpony1

Tie-
Your apparent prejudice towards the driver(s) has since been dissolved as the customer revealed that she extended a compassionate hand in the driver's apparent time of need. If the driver's loss was recent, such compassion could uproot deeply seated feelings. Could the customer have known that said compassionate gesture would solicit such a reaction? No, but then you wouldn't know anything about compassion, would you?
With the exception of yourself, we are only human and some of us humans need time to work through a loss.
Good job of reflecting the theme and tone back on the hourly slobs. I knew you could do it. :thumbup1:

tieguy

Banned
Tie-
Your apparent prejudice towards the driver(s) has since been dissolved as the customer revealed that she extended a compassionate hand in the driver's apparent time of need. If the driver's loss was recent, such compassion could uproot deeply seated feelings. Could the customer have known that said compassionate gesture would solicit such a reaction? No, but then you wouldn't know anything about compassion, would you?
With the exception of yourself, we are only human and some of us humans need time to work through a loss.
Good job of reflecting the theme and tone back on the hourly slobs. I knew you could do it. :thumbup1:

and here your response comes across as totally bizzare. How could you possibly post the above when I actually gave the customer options to try to reconcile with the driver without calling the company. Which is a lot more then you tried to do for the driver?

Channahon

Why in the world would a business not contact 1-800- PICK UPS for their concerns than this board? And Allow customer to see your comments

Channahon

Agree 100% with other posts, call.

But I too agree whatever it was that upset him is probably more important than you might think. We really don't have the option of just deciding not to deliver to an address on our route. The only way I could see that happening is if he "sold" his side of the story to management, who is now working with the driver to avoid a repeat of the situation. I had a similar experience when I requested to take a different training route when I was trying to qualify as a driver. The route they were trying to give me was where an old highschool girlfriend lived... if her dad saw me on his porch he'd have a heart attack on the spot. (Was a nasty breakup...details not important. :cool: )

I'd call the local number first and ask to speak to a driver supe or center manager that covers your area. Explain the changes in the quality of your service and see what he says. Maybe even note you never had a problem when your old driver serviced your address, but now there are new drivers all the time. (In this case, you're giving him a compliment.) They'll know the situation and might be able to give better answers than someone on the 800 line. I'd leave out the details too. If you're not satisfied with the results there, then I'd call the 1-800 number.

In my neighborhood, we went from one driver who always came at the same time to seeing multiple drivers at all times too. The old driver was still around, we just never know when or who is going to be delivering. Admittedly, for signature only packages we've had to switch carriers so my wife could know when to be home. Wasn't the drivers fault, that's the nature of PAS. The driver supe can explain what PAS is and why it's a better system than the old way if that is the cause.

I could see all this go right out the window if the reason the driver is mad is because you gave him an atomic wedgie when he bent over to pick up the packages. Details are important sometimes.
Are you serious? Who cares about your personal relationship that didn't work out? Please give details. In my 27 years I have never heard of UPS accomodating a "training route" due to personal issues. Training routes are what they are - training to get the basics down and usually the easiet routes in the buildng. Even I remember my route as a rookie. Now customer issues would be taken into consideration. And if the driver was the cause, he wouldn't have gained seniority. Get over yourself

canon

Are you serious? Who cares about your personal relationship that didn't work out? Please give details. In my 27 years I have never heard of UPS accomodating a "training route" due to personal issues. Training routes are what they are - training to get the basics down and usually the easiet routes in the buildng. Even I remember my route as a rookie. Now customer issues would be taken into consideration. And if the driver was the cause, he wouldn't have gained seniority. Get over yourself
Get over myself? What the heck are you talking about? I brought up a situation that was going to present a problem for me while I was trying to qualify... management let me run a different training route. It had nothing to do with the ex-girlfriend... her dad lived on the route and was a RedDevil distributor. Lots of deliveries to that house and I was trying to avoid a confrontation. Why does that bother you so much?

tieguy

Banned
Tie-

I'm sorry trick , I'm looking for your response to my last post and can't seem to find it. How could you possibly derive the concept that are I was against the driver when I gave the customer guidance on how to resolve this issue without getting the driver in trouble?

downdog

I wanted to log in and thank all of you great people from UPS who spent your time reviewing my situation and offering solutions.
Unfortunately, the service issue has gone from bad to worse

My deliveries are arriving consistently a day late. Yet, in many cases they are showing on the online tracking system as having been delivered and signed for the day before they arrive.

Last night I got a phone call from a driver apologizing that my package was not going to be delivered until after 8 pm. I told him to bring it back in the morning as I was out for the evening. He said he couldn't because he was off this morning, but that he would give it to another driver. He kept pushing me to let him come by - at any time!? - in the evening.

My husband and I both felt uncomfortable with that so insisted, no bring it during normal hours tomorrow.

When yet another driver showed up with the package today, which was insured for $800, he didn't want me to sign his computer thing. I kept asking him, what, don't you need me to sign that? He just stammered and left. I looked online and my package showed as having been delivered at 8 pm the night before.

Three weeks of this craziness. I don't know what's going on but I feel good that I checked here first and gave the UPS driver a chance to get it together. I have decided to call the local office and complain tomorrow morning.

Thanks to all of you. You obviously work exceptionally hard.

tieguy

Banned
I'm sorry trick , I'm looking for your response to my last post and can't seem to find it. How could you possibly derive the concept that are I was against the driver when I gave the customer guidance on how to resolve this issue without getting the driver in trouble?

enough said

trickpony1

downdog-
Please don't complain about the driver. It may not be his fault.
Sometimes other people, in an effort to look good on paper, will pull tricks with the computer board in an attempt to fool the world. It's no secret.
If you call and complain, ultimately it will "roll down hill" and become the driver's fault.

sendagain

Downdog

You've done everything you can to make this guy feel part of the neighborhood. An experienced driver always gives good service even to those parties which don't deserve it. Just keep being the person you are and let him deal with his own problem. If he doesn't provide you with reasonable service, then speak with his supervisor personally. Any of the other drivers you see can give you a number to the office. I myself had to take on stops at other businesses due to questionable behaviour by a driver.

ups_vette

downdog-
Please don't complain about the driver. It may not be his fault.
Sometimes other people, in an effort to look good on paper, will pull tricks with the computer board in an attempt to fool the world. It's no secret.
If you call and complain, ultimately it will "roll down hill" and become the driver's fault.

This what happens when you have "a degree, plus some". You become a Locker Room Lawyer Feeder Driver, defending the likes of O.J. Simpson, Scott Peterson, and a UPS driver who just as clearly is in the wrong.

Trickpony's use of "the Devil made me do it" defense is another example of his paranoia He is so filled with hatred for the company that provides for his family that in his mind, the employee is always right, and the company is always at fault. He never once considers that,.just posibly, the driver was at fault.

Trickpony, not every circumstance requires blame to be placed. There are occurances where neither the employee nor the company is at fault, where both parties did what is expected of them, and still the desired results.were not obtained. But in your little
world, this is impossible because the company is always to blame. It's a sad bitter world you made for yourself trickpony.

sendagain

"When yet another driver showed up with the package today, which was insured for $800, he didn't want me to sign his computer thing. I kept asking him, what, don't you need me to sign that? He just stammered and left. I looked online and my package showed as having been delivered at 8 pm the night before."

Sounds like people are bending some serious rules in your area. I don't know if it's bad drivers, bad supervisors or both, but good drivers never pulled any crap like that. You never list a package as delivered and they take it back to the center for another delivery. The package should have been listed as NI1 and sent out for a second attempt the next day. He who tells a lie must tell it a 100 times. He who speaks the truth only once.

trickpony1

This what happens when you have "a degree, plus some". You become a Locker Room Lawyer Feeder Driver, defending the likes of O.J. Simpson, Scott Peterson, and a UPS driver who just as clearly is in the wrong.

Trickpony's use of "the Devil made me do it" defense is another example of his paranoia He is so filled with hatred for the company that provides for his family that in his mind, the employee is always right, and the company is always at fault. He never once considers that,.just posibly, the driver was at fault.

Trickpony, not every circumstance requires blame to be placed. There are occurances where neither the employee nor the company is at fault, where both parties did what is expected of them, and still the desired results.were not obtained. But in your little
world, this is impossible because the company is always to blame. It's a sad bitter world you made for yourself trickpony.

.....all this coming from a guy who accused me of being gay based on the nature of my posts.
......all this coming from a guy who apparently happened to stumble into management when the time was ripe, made his millions, took the money and ran and now probably lives in a $300,000+ dollar house and doesn't know, or care, how much money he's got.
You go!

ups_vette

.....all this coming from a guy who accused me of being gay based on the nature of my posts.
......all this coming from a guy who apparently happened to stumble into management when the time was ripe, made his millions, took the money and ran and now probably lives in a $300,000+ dollar house and doesn't know, or care, how much money he's got.
You go!

Me thinks thou doest protest too much. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, guess what? It's a duck.

Dr Trickpony, ENVY, as you clearly express, is one of the seven deadly sins. Because you are unhappy with your position in life, you think people who are sucessful are undeserving of their sucess. Not that I care what you think but, I did not stumple into management. I was given the opertunity, took advantage of it, and thru hard work, knowledge of the business and the ability to work with people (both hourly and fellow management), advanced Unlike you, I wanted more for my family than I could provide as a driver. In the 70's as UPS expanded, I trained new new drivers in Texas, then in Colorado, then in, Idaho, and Utah.. In the 80's I was part of the international expansion in Hong Kong and Singapore. I worked in France for two years as UPS expanded in Europe in the early 90's.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, isn't one of the most replied to posts in here about the pension plan? You say I took the money and ran. That's exactly what you and the others on here wish to do with your pension. I think anyone who works for any company for 25, 30, or more years looks forward to "taking the money and running".

tieguy

Banned
You go!

my that appears to be a bit of a dodge trickster.

Do you hate the company?
Do you think every situation is one where the company is at fault?

Channahon

Get over myself? What the heck are you talking about? I brought up a situation that was going to present a problem for me while I was trying to qualify... management let me run a different training route. It had nothing to do with the ex-girlfriend... her dad lived on the route and was a RedDevil distributor. Lots of deliveries to that house and I was trying to avoid a confrontation. Why does that bother you so much?
I must be under the mistaken impression you have no use for management, based on a lot of posts between you and Tie. Not sure what RED DEVIL is, must be something that is dangerous to one's life.

canon

I must be under the mistaken impression you have no use for management, based on a lot of posts between you and Tie. Not sure what RED DEVIL is, must be something that is dangerous to one's life.
lol, no I have no animosity towards management. Quite the opposite in fact. It's not management I have no use for, it's just Tie. I don't like the double standards he has for hourly and salary nor his constant reliance on insults rather than discourse. I'm sure he'll step forward and call me stupid again. It's a long ordeal... but I've always gotten along with management who is of higher caliber.

The girls dad was a RedDevil distributor... RedDevil paint products like scrapers etc. He received a lot of shipments, so me being on his porch was inevitable. All I was doing was trying to avoid the confrontation. Management agreed and put me on a different training route. I didn't "get over" on anything or receive preferential treatment... just had a different route. UPS avoided a conflict between a driver and a customer. Nothing more.
link: http://www.reddevil.com/