Seemingly uncaring mgt

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
I remember my first peak thinking I wish my knee would blow out or something. Lmao.
I kid you not, my second year I came down with mono like 3 days after Thanksgiving. I was out until the first week of January. Two years ago I came down with appendicitis my second week into peak. Those are the highlights of my career, I'm hoping I come down with some sort of fungus this year. Lol

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Is it normal to be injured and not get a single "how are you today" the next day? I guess mgt classes only teach them to ask at time of injury and then just silence... I guess they can only care on weekdays
Get your love at home. I'd prefer silence to insincerity. I've had management ask me how I'm feeling following an injury. They don't really gaf....I could do without the questions.

Ouch

They don't hate you.
It's just that every time you screw something up, they get blamed for it.

I went from having 192 reporting up to me to zero for about 8 years.
The job is so much better when you are only responsible for your own actions.
We play by your rules and I don't consider getting injured screwing something up. You knew what the job was when you signed up. I played your game by your rules and still got hurt. My ojs rides proved I worked safe. Now what?

We play by your rules and I don't consider getting injured screwing something up. You knew what the job was when you signed up. I played your game by your rules and still got hurt. My ojs rides proved I worked safe. Now what?
It's like playing Monopoly with a two year old. You never know what the rules are.

Things happen. Even star athletes get hurt.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Not my rules
Sorry you got hurt
You knew the risk
I don't care
Grow up
Wut?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Is it normal to be injured and not get a single "how are you today" the next day? I guess mgt classes only teach them to ask at time of injury and then just silence... I guess they can only care on weekdays
How maimed can you be if you are at work the next day?

200.gif

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Once you get the attitude of not caring and just follow their rules the pressure is off and you can enjoy yourself until retirement.
I wish I learned that at the beginning instead of the end of my career.

the OP probably has a target on his back now because of the injury. that's how it works at our hub.

oldngray

nowhere special
I wish I learned that at the beginning instead of the end of my career.

the OP probably has a target on his back now because of the injury. that's how it works at our hub.

I didn't get that way until I had enough years in so I had the option of retiring if I chose to do so.

Ouch

Not my rules
Sorry you got hurt
You knew the risk
I don't care
Grow up
Wut?
They are the rules you play by. They are the rules you support. Telling me to grow up has nothing to do with this conversation. When someone gets hurt it makes your center look bad. God forbid it be an osha reportable injury. It amazing to me the way management can treat you so nice and as soon as you get hurt its game over. Why is that. Keep in mind I'm not saying you do this as I don't even know you. I will give you the benefit of the doubt until proven other wise.

Ouch

And then for a center manager to lie on record? Why or would it be so hard to tell the higher ups, look he did it right and just got injured?

blkmamba

And then for a center manager to lie on record? Why or would it be so hard to tell the higher ups, look he did it right and just got injured?
Actually it would. If it's the employees fault, there is a scapegoat and certain policies need to be reinforced. If he did the right thing and still got hurt then policies might need to change. Which one is easier to deal with?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Obviously you were not following safe working methods.
Doesn't matter if your following safe work methods all day and night long, eventually your going to get hurt in 1 capacity or another because of the repetition this job puts on your joints, muscles and tendons. Your body isn't designed to do this job like that everyday all day for years. Come on Miles Austin you know that dude lol.