Seemingly uncaring mgt

BrownBrokeDown

@Dragon and logic are mutually exclusive.

Just my observation as well.[/Q
Congratulations on being an adult.
I know you were with UPS for years, but in the modern world most corporations don't act with the same condemnation, retaliation, and disdain for employees that are injured. Well, at least not to the employees face.

I have no idea how it double quoted, but was replying to Photog the All-Knowing, ;p

BrownBrokeDown

btw, I guess Dr Dragon center manager PHD must be on vacation this week since he is not applying his massive medical knowledge to my question...

Now that I think about it, maybe he's at the UPS Management Medical Training Facility receiving his yearly Medical Diagnostic Training. You know they really should change those name because UMMTF and MDT just doesnt have the ring of WESLA or ORION.

Overpaid Union Thug

If you did it right you would not have gotten injured...seriously! Did you pull that back muscle...I was bending at the knee's, yes you were when you did it, but the 4 million times you did it wrong before that you weakened that back muscle and it finally gave out.

I nominate that for the most idiotic post ever on Brown Cafe.

Sheesh! Where do these people come from? There is no hope fire the human race.

blkmamba

I nominate that for the most idiotic post ever on Brown Cafe.

Sheesh! Where do these people come from? There is no hope fire the human race.
He has a point. If your doing something incorrect for years eventually something bad will happen. Any smart employee would say they were doing the job by the methods even if they weren't to save face.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I know you were with UPS for years, but in the modern world most corporations don't act with the same condemnation, retaliation, and disdain for employees that are injured. Well, at least not to the employees face.

I have no idea how it double quoted, but was replying to Photog the All-Knowing, ;p
All modern Corporations are that way.
In the "old" days, not all were.
The grass is rarely greener in the other Corp.

Overpaid Union Thug

He has a point. If your doing something incorrect for years eventually something bad will happen. Any smart employee would say they were doing the job by the methods even if they weren't to save face.

His "point" is based on the management tactic of ASSUMING that the employee had been doing something wrong without actually knowing if, or being able to prove if, it really happened that way. That is why many UPSers of past, present, and future have been/will be ASSUMED to be faking an injury or have been/will be injured due to the ASSUMED pre-existing conditions. The "point" was nothing more than the usual frivolous allegations that mirrors how the company as a whole treats it's employees.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Where will your retirement money come from if ups goes out of business.
As I prepared for retirement, I learned to live below my means and made outside investments and 401k deductions which I maxed out the last 18 years before retiring at 58.
UPS pension
Soc Sec
UPS stock
Outside investments

I have been retired for 2 & half years and I have not touched the last 3 yet and probably will not for another 10 years.

I bought my first new vehicle when I was 45 and still own it.

I never counted on UPS OR Soc Sec but those along with dividends allow me a relaxed and happy retirement.

And if those fell through, there is a reason God made trailers and broadcast TV and the Internet.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
His "point" is based on the management tactic of ASSUMING that the employee had been doing something wrong without actually knowing if, or being able to prove if, it really happened that way. That is why many UPSers of past, present, and future have been/will be ASSUMED to be faking an injury or have been/will be injured due to the ASSUMED pre-existing conditions. The "point" was nothing more than the usual frivolous allegations that mirrors how the company as a whole treats it's employees.
Sounds about right so what's your point?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
As I prepared for retirement, I learned to live below my means and made outside investments and 401k deductions which I maxed out the last 18 years before retiring at 58.
UPS pension
Soc Sec
UPS stock
Outside investments

I have been retired for 2 & half years and I have not touched the last 3 yet and probably will not for another 10 years.

I bought my first new vehicle when I was 45 and still own it.

I never counted on UPS OR Soc Sec but those along with dividends allow me a relaxed and happy retirement.

And if those fell through, there is a reason God made trailers and broadcast TV and the Internet.

blkmamba

I wouldn't say it's a tactic as the majority of my employees chose to work without using the methods. However, management needs to do a better job training the methods, their importance, and reinforcing them. PCM's and paper handouts are obviously not effective. You're also making an ASSUMPTION that all management jump to conclusions without having evidence. This is not always the case.

Assumptions on both sides can be dangerous.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Denzel, Dicaprio, Hanks, they aint got jack on the SUPERVISORS- best actors in the world hands down easily
images
UPS MANAGEMENT lmfao

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I wouldn't say it's a tactic as the majority of my employees chose to work without using the methods. However, management needs to do a better job training the methods, their importance, and reinforcing them. PCM's and paper handouts are obviously not effective. You're also making an ASSUMPTION that all management jump to conclusions without having evidence. This is not always the case.

Assumptions on both sides can be dangerous.
Methods have nothing to do with joints wearing out CAPTAIN OBVIOUS. Most of the injuries are repetitive injuries, if you don't think this is fact, YOU'RE LYING TO YOURSELF.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Thanks but just answering his question and maybe warning drivers that think they have to buy a big house, new cars, own boats, own RVs and buy all kinds of useless toys. And then they get mad when their UPS funded Teamster pension is not what they hoped.

UPS nor anyone else owes anyone a comfortable retirement. It's just part of an overall retirement plan.