Seemingly uncaring mgt

jamescasey420

Not to split hairs but it is procedures ... not methods.
Depends on the state.

meth·od
[meth-uhd]
NOUN
a procedure, technique, or way of doing something, especially in accordance with a definite plan: There are three possible methods of repairing this motor.
a manner or mode of procedure, especially an orderly, logical, or systematic way of instruction, inquiry, investigation, experiment, presentation, etc.: the empirical method of inquiry.
order or system in doing anything: to work with method.
orderly or systematic arrangement, sequence, or the like.
a theory and technique of acting in which the performer identifies with the character to be portrayed and renders the part in a naturalistic, nondeclamatory, and highly individualized manner.

blkmamba

There is no assumption on my part. This behavior has become a standard management tactic. And if "your" employees are not following the methods and without any recourse then that reflects rather poorly on you for not correcting the problem. It also shows that you are also likely using another ludicrous management technique that involves looking the other way until the problem lands in your lap. But why not? It works out for you. You got your numbers and once the employee falls out you can just toss him under the boss.
Actually you are making quite a few assumptions. 1. There is no discipline for not following the methods. 2. I would look the other way until an injury occurs. 3. That I ever gave a crap about numbers. Haha just wanted to let you know that just because that may be your situation doesn't mean it pertains to others, maybe it does, what do I know? However, you were still making assumptions to something you didn't actually witness.

Overpaid Union Thug

Actually you are making quite a few assumptions. 1. There is no discipline for not following the methods. 2. I would look the other way until an injury occurs. 3. That I ever gave a crap about numbers. Haha just wanted to let you know that just because that may be your situation doesn't mean it pertains to others, maybe it does, what do I know? However, you were still making assumptions to something you didn't actually witness.

1) Ask ask the people that's been fired

2) I can only go by what actually happens. Not what you claim you do or don't do.

3) Now that is likely a bold faced lie. You should go into full-time management. Or maybe you already have?

blkmamba

1) Ask ask the people that's been fired

2) I can only go by what actually happens. Not what you claim you do or don't do.

3) Now that is likely a bold faced lie. You should go into full-time management. Or maybe you already have?
Again you make a lot of assumptions, however I wrote one incorrectly. You seem angry, eat a snickers you'll feel better haha. I don't even work at UPS anymore (apologies if I have the impression that I did) but for some reason I really like this site.
Currently I am a teacher and a union member and realize that management can and will lie. However, I see it among my Union brothers and sisters as well. No side has clean hands is all I'm saying.

Overpaid Union Thug

Again you make a lot of assumptions, however I wrote one incorrectly. You seem angry, eat a snickers you'll feel better haha. I don't even work at UPS anymore (apologies if I have the impression that I did) but for some reason I really like this site.
Currently I am a teacher and a union member and realize that management can and will lie. However, I see it among my Union brothers and sisters as well. No side has clean hands is all I'm saying.
I don't have to assume anything. UPS is notorious for doing everything I have stated. You would have noticed that if you hadn't spent so much time under your supervisor's desk. LOL.