Seems FedEx is this years late delivery headline maker

MAKAVELI

FedEx as a corporation makes so much because they don't pay Ground at all. The only thing they spend money on is the hub they work out of and the managers salaries.

We make a :censored2: ton off of international overnight shipments through express and now that we own tnt those profits will began to rise even more.

The ground guys working for 10 bucks an hour because the uniform says FedEx think they have it made
It's really sad how most of them just don't know how bad they are getting screwed.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I saw a Fedex Air, Fedex Ground, and a Fedex Home Delivery van delivering to the same house one day. in my area, they all run out of completely different buildings. If they ever combine all three into the same network at their pay levels, UPS will be in serious trouble.

This always made no sense to me. I don't know how fed ex makes money with each driver going to the same delivery. All I can see is wall st and the media finally blamed fed ex instead of always just UPS.

With me out with an injury. All I can say is great job guys. I really did miss the rush. Never been hurt before. For me. X Mas delivery is a blast to me. The rest of the year is monotonous.

3 done 3 to go

It depends on how much them being unionized would affect their rates. The whole reason Express remains separate from Ground is to keep the union out. If the Ground contractors began to run Express, their operations would grow large enough that it could be possible to start making targeted organizing efforts on the larger contractors, and I doubt FedEx would be able to just drop them and replace them so easily.

I wonder if fed ex did combine. They would lose their railroad act protection?

Purplepackage

I wonder if fed ex did combine. They would lose their railroad act protection?

It wouldn't easy to combine, they would have to make everyone hourly. There's still parts of the country where the express network is bigger than ground, express services areas that a ground contractor would never agree too. Id like to see how they would manage it all

P

pickup

I heard on the am radio news station that Fed-Ex is making deliveries today: deliveries that should have been made before Christmas. The tone of the announcer and the content of the reporting makes it sound like Fed-Ex is really great for doing so.

Purplepackage

I heard on the am radio news station that Fed-Ex is making deliveries today: deliveries that should have been made before Christmas. The tone of the announcer and the content of the reporting makes it sound like Fed-Ex is really great for doing so.

The problem is how entitled Americans feel about everything. It's obvisouly fedex or ups fault when packages aren't delivered by christmas.

Even though everyone waits until 2 days before to order everything and they then assume that planes can take off and land in bad weather since no one knows how an airport operates.

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
The problem is how entitled Americans feel about everything. It's obvisouly fedex or ups fault when packages aren't delivered by christmas.

Even though everyone waits until 2 days before to order everything and they then assume that planes can take off and land in bad weather since no one knows how an airport operates.
Amazon IS the problem. They were offering "Christmas delivery" as of Tuesday. That is absurd. We can't perform miracles.scenario; I order a toy Tuesday morning as a Christmas present from Amazon. The order is processed,picked and shipped Tuesday by 14:00 and put in an outbound trailer.It sits in the trailer until the carrier picks it up,hopefully by 19:00. As long as Amazon got it in the correct trailer it is unloaded and processed through the system on midnight sort Since it was ordered Tuesday,Amazon sends it 2nd day. Guess what? It's Wednesday,early morning,and my gift is just now leaving a package facility. I'll be realistic,I live in Atlanta and want the package sent to Chicago. Amazon,hopefully,routed the order to a facility near Chicago and it doesn't have to go to a couple of break hubs before it reaches the local center for delivery. It is now Thursday morning,it spent Wednesday in transit,and pre-load is loading in a car with 300 other stops. If the weather cooperates,no one mis-loads the package at one of several points along the route,it will get delivered.

This year,Amazon,should have cut-off Christmas delivery Friday,December 18th.

3 done 3 to go

Amazon IS the problem. They were offering "Christmas delivery" as of Tuesday. That is absurd. We can't perform miracles.scenario; I order a toy Tuesday morning as a Christmas present from Amazon. The order is processed,picked and shipped Tuesday by 14:00 and put in an outbound trailer.It sits in the trailer until the carrier picks it up,hopefully by 19:00. As long as Amazon got it in the correct trailer it is unloaded and processed through the system on midnight sort Since it was ordered Tuesday,Amazon sends it 2nd day. Guess what? It's Wednesday,early morning,and my gift is just now leaving a package facility. I'll be realistic,I live in Atlanta and want the package sent to Chicago. Amazon,hopefully,routed the order to a facility near Chicago and it doesn't have to go to a couple of break hubs before it reaches the local center for delivery. It is now Thursday morning,it spent Wednesday in transit,and pre-load is loading in a car with 300 other stops. If the weather cooperates,no one mis-loads the package at one of several points along the route,it will get delivered.

Amazon is all over the country now. They have a warehouse closer to each destination of delivery. It is possible with the correct service selected. It depends on what the customer selects. But, for the maroon who thinks ground delivery will be there in a day. I think they are the ones who are the complainers. The media is always looking for any failures to make a way blown out sad story.

ManInBrown

I did not sheet a single package missed during peak not counting MisLoads. Every package got delivered everyday. I'm glad it's over. It was a rough long 3 weeks. I'm tired. Expecting Monday to be a :censored3: Looking forward to a nice 4 day weekend next week. Then a weeks vacation coming up shortly after that

bbsam

Staff member
UPS seems to make a profit combining their air and ground networks. I don't know why FedEx couldn't do the same.
But you stated that Ground is the profit maker. If run like Express, that goes away.

Anyway...

I don't see how it can really be told what would be profitable because it's hard to say how much of Ground's massive expansion has been financed and how much has been paid for by the money that hasn't paid higher wages.

bbsam

Staff member
This always made no sense to me. I don't know how fed ex makes money with each driver going to the same delivery. All I can see is wall st and the media finally blamed fed ex instead of always just UPS.

With me out with an injury. All I can say is great job guys. I really did miss the rush. Never been hurt before. For me. X Mas delivery is a blast to me. The rest of the year is monotonous.
Because it only actually happens with a small percentage of deliveries each day.

barnyard

KTM rider
Amazon is all over the country now. They have a warehouse closer to each destination of delivery.

Correct. Their stated goal was to have a warehouse near every major metro area of the country, making next day delivery with ground service possible. Where I live, there is 1 warehouse near my metro area and another that is within the 2 day delivery zone, possibly 4 within the 2 day delivery zone.

That said, my deliveries have been close to 1/2 Amazon this peak, about the same as last year.

werenotthepostoffice

Correct. Their stated goal was to have a warehouse near every major metro area of the country, making next day delivery with ground service possible. Where I live, there is 1 warehouse near my metro area and another that is within the 2 day delivery zone, possibly 4 within the 2 day delivery zone.

That said, my deliveries have been close to 1/2 Amazon this peak, about the same as last year.
Not mine.Amazon has been about 25% of my total residential volume. I have noticed a marked decline in Amazon residential deliveries versus the last few years.That said,I have seen an increase in other companies,I.e. Target,Wal-Mart and a huge increase in HSN and QVC. Also I have been delivering at least 2 LL Bean packages a day.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit

This wasn't my experience. I ordered a few things on Tuesday (not for Christmas, just general shopping) and everything I clicked said either "May Arrive in Time for Christmas" or "Will not Arrive in time for Christmas"

Interestingly enough, there was something I wanted to get NDA on that said it would arrive after Christmas. But when I selected 2 Day it said I would have it in time for Christmas. Which I did.

werenotthepostoffice

This wasn't my experience. I ordered a few things on Tuesday (not for Christmas, just general shopping) and everything I clicked said either "May Arrive in Time for Christmas" or "Will not Arrive in time for Christmas"

Interestingly enough, there was something I wanted to get NDA on that said it would arrive after Christmas. But when I selected 2 Day it said I would have it in time for Christmas. Which I did.
As i have posted before,I pick up the misloads from FedEx in my hub. Every hub/center has someone that does this.
After seeing the sheer volume of Amazon misloads,as compared to other shippers, I have little confidence in Amazon.
And I still prefer brick and mortar to online.