Self Managed Account?

Overpaid Union Thug

I would like to set myself up to use the self managed account. Can someone please put me in the right direction? Like a phone number or even explain the steps involved?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When you go to the 401k website scroll down to the bottom of the home page. You should see "Self Managed Account" on the right hand side of the page. Click on that.

Thank you Sir!

That # was actually being used by a plumbing business in the Nashville area a while back. I heard they had to drop it because they were using the song in their radio commercial. Or something like that.
That's crazy. Back on topic.
The self managed account is fun,if you have the time. You need to do homework and be able to buy and sell during the day.

UPSmechanicinblue

I would like to set myself up to use the self managed account. Can someone please put me in the right direction? Like a phone number or even explain the steps involved?

from here your regular 401k site https://ssologin.prudential.com/app/retirement/rso/logout.html

go to access additional accounts. I'm already set up so i go right in there. So I cant say fpor sure if this will take you to where you need to go. I signed up 10 years ago, I helped another a few years back and there are forms you had to sign and mail in. Dreyfus handles the self managed. When I started it you had to leave atleast around 5K in regular 401K and had to move at least that much if not more into the self manage account to get started. I recommend learning how to trade stock before you start-I leaned the hard way and took some losses. A fee is charged each time you buy and sell.

Overpaid Union Thug

If you can't figure out how to set it up, maybe you shouldn't try to self manage.
Seriously? LOL! That makes absolutely no sense. There are no instructions, phone numbers, or links to it anywhere on my account. So, of course I don't know how to set it up! That is not, in no way, an indication of whether or not I, or anyone else that's in the same boat, would be able to use the self managed account once in.
from here your regular 401k site https://ssologin.prudential.com/app/retirement/rso/logout.html

go to access additional accounts. I'm already set up so i go right in there. So I cant say fpor sure if this will take you to where you need to go. I signed up 10 years ago, I helped another a few years back and there are forms you had to sign and mail in. Dreyfus handles the self managed. When I started it you had to leave atleast around 5K in regular 401K and had to move at least that much if not more into the self manage account to get started. I recommend learning how to trade stock before you start-I leaned the hard way and took some losses. A fee is charged each time you buy and sell.

Yeah there's nothing on my login page about other accounts or self managed accounts. Tomorrow I will try the contact phone number on the page in the second link you provided though. Thanks!

But maybe I shouldn't? Because according to a certain someone a few posts back.....because I wasn't born with clear and detailed instructions on how to access this already downloaded into my brain (like they apparently were)...... I'm not mentally capable of self managing my investments. LOL!

Sportello

Seriously? LOL! That makes absolutely no sense. There are no instructions, phone numbers, or links to it anywhere on my account. So, of course I don't know how to set it up! That is not, in no way, an indication of whether or not I, or anyone else that's in the same boat, would be able to use the self managed account once in.

Yeah there's nothing on my login page about other accounts or self managed accounts. Tomorrow I will try the contact phone number on the page in the second link you provided though. Thanks!

But maybe I shouldn't? Because according to a certain someone a few posts back.....because I wasn't born with clear and detailed instructions on how to access this already downloaded into my brain (like they apparently were)...... I'm not mentally capable of self managing my investments. LOL!
I'm not privy to what web sites are available to current employees, but I'm pretty sure there is a 'contact' link somewhere. I checked one link the mechanic supplied, plain as day.

Seems to me a wise person would ask a person that can give an accurate answer and provide their real name. Maybe even work for the firm you are using.

I don't come to BC for financial or medical advice, or advice of any kind, really. If it works for you, knock yourself out.

Overpaid Union Thug

I'm not privy to what web sites are available to current employees, but I'm pretty sure there is a 'contact' link somewhere. I checked one link the mechanic supplied, plain as day.

Yeah, that's a link I didn't have UNTIL it was provided by the mechanic. Notice that I didn't have that link until I inquired? Hmmmmm.....
Seems to me a wise person would ask a person that can give an accurate answer and provide their real name. Maybe even work for the firm you are using.

Yeah, because the UPS Retirement Topics section on a UPS forum is just a silly place to reach out for someone with experience with a self managed account that's offered through a UPS provided 401-K retirement plan. How unwise of me.

I don't come to BC for financial or medical advice, or advice of any kind, really. If it works for you, knock yourself out.

giphy.gif

I asked for help from those with experience with this. Not for smartass, Upstate-like, pompous comments. So please disappear.