selling socks and knit polo shirts on ebay.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Employees have to buy the socks and polo shirts from cintas, so they are the property of the employee, unlike the official uniform that is property of the company. Would it be right to sell old logo socks and polo shirts on ebay????Im sure the company wouldnt really want everyone to do this, but they were bought by the drivers, not ups. How do you all feel about this??

Pip

Employee pays for the stuff, then they have the right to do with it what they want.

Employer pays, IE: (uniform supplier)then employee should follow company policy.

If somebody wants brown outerwear bad enough, they will use dye or some other means to get a brown uniform. I know that UPS means well for keeping the uniforms out of the hands of people who could manipulate them for personal gain or to hurt others. But it is not a stopgap solution. If criminals want something bad enough, there are other ways to get what they want.

Lobofan5

**shuddering at the idea of buying old socks on ebay***

Some things in life should be bought and used by only one person for the life of the product... I think socks are on that list.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I think the problem here is the UPS logo on them. Maybe UPS will buy them back from the employee through E-bay? Lobofan, I agree that some things should only be worn by one person. I would add underwear to that list too. Although there does seem to be someone with a strange UPS Fetish that keeps posting here from time to time..........:bored:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Socks and polo shirts are fair on ebay as they are not furnished by UPS. It was the people seeling actual ups furnished, ups uniforms that get dinged. It was going on til feb 2003, when ebay finally shut them down and we got new logos.

over9five

Staff member
I don't know. I don't think I'd sell UPS logo'd items to anyone. If they wanted anyone to be able to get them, anyone could get them at Cintas.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
I think the problem here is the UPS logo on them. Maybe UPS will buy them back from the employee through E-bay? Lobofan, I agree that some things should only be worn by one person. I would add underwear to that list too. Although there does seem to be someone with a strange UPS Fetish that keeps posting here from time to time..........:bored:

Perhaps a pic of some driver wearing logo'd socks would help keep this thread alive:drool::lol::lol:

Joopster

Boxline Sorter
I buy my military uniforms, but I can't go around selling them with the patches, rank insignia etc on them.

cut out the logo, then it's fine