Selling UPS Stock. Now that was easy!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Sold a couple hundred shares today. I sat down at 8AM for what I assumed would be a cluster and at 8:06 the shares were sold and transferred to my checkbook. Kudos Brown for switching to Compushare.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Now you can transfer that income from your checkbook right to UW-Madison.

​Would consider dumping your Apple stock also.

cynic

So many people go to their grave with a load of stock because they don't want to pay Uncle Sam. 80% of free money is still free money.

If you have kids - can't you "gift" it to your children tax-free under a certain $$ amount for the value of the shares gifted?

trickpony1

Monster-
Did you need a broker to sell your stock?
It seems I heard that somewhere and thought it was kinda funny since I didn't need a broker to buy it.

BlackCat

I have been trying to figure out how to buy UPS stock..

​Is there a way to have it auto deducted from my paycheck?

Overpaid Union Thug

I only participated in the stock purchasing program briefly back in 2010 and shut it off. It grew to 9.21 shares and is worth over $800. I'm thinking that maybe I will sell it.

Overpaid Union Thug

You are right. Trying to sell under 100 shares is like going back to the 1930's. Filling out paperwork and writing down those freekin partial shares (9.012863788) etc. Typical UPS run operation LOL

I sold 9.1 today. All I got was a transaction number and nothing else. It didn't say anything about paperwork. It's definitely not in my bank account yet either.