Semi-Noob i guess need a ? answered

Discussion in 'Introductions and Welcomes' started by LaUpser, Sep 30, 2010.

1. LaUpser

LaUpser Member

well after leaving ups about a 1yr ago for a way better job, as far as insurance and time off without the hassle i was currently offered a return to ups for local sort spot, my question is does anyone know the starting pay for a new hire on local sort. in the southern louisiana region thanks in advance.:funny:
  2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Let me get this straight--you left UPS for a "way better job" about a year ago yet don't know the starting pay? Also, I highly doubt that the insurance plan at your "way better job" is superior to that offered at UPS. Yes, you have to wait a year for yourself and 18 months for your family, but once that waiting period is over you are set.

I still think they should have a two-tiered pay rate at the PT level, a lower one for those who want the insurance and a higher one for those still covered by Mommy and Daddy.
  3. grgrcr88

grgrcr88 No It's not green grocer!

4. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

Before you quit your current job, I would make sure you are eligible to be rehired. Most people who leave UPS are not.
  5. LaUpser

LaUpser Member

I am not leaving my current job because its a 7-330 job and yes the insurance is way better. I currently work for the public school system doing Plumbing maintence, and if the insurance wasn't there just the time off alone is better so u do the math but any way i will get rehired because they got in touch with me asking if i would come back, so i said why not. :happy-very:
  6. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

Excellent, good luck!
  7. LaUpser

LaUpser Member

thanks brother in brown lol