Sen. Richard Blumenthal: UPS owes customers refunds for late Christmas packages

Johney

Doesn't UPS only refund the difference between ground and air? If you use NDA/2nd and it doesn't get there next/2 day don't they still charge you ground rates?

oldngray

nowhere special
Its political grandstanding. UPS relaxes service guarantees in December. He just wants his name in the spotlight it looks like. Never waste a good crisis!

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Sen. Richard Blumenthal: UPS owes customers refunds for late Christmas packages - Washington Examiner

"The men and women of UPS - as well as the U.S. Postal Service and FedEx - do tremendous work this time of year, putting in grueling, long hours delivering gifts, and we are all grateful for their efforts. It is incumbent upon these companies, however, that when a customer is quoted a delivery date ahead of Christmas, gifts arrive on time.

"I call on UPS to do the right thing and provide refunds to people whose Christmases were a little less cheery as a result of their late deliveries."

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I am so happy that all the problems facing our nation have solved so the critical problem of a few disgruntled people can get a refund on free shipping.

texan

Sen. Richard Blumenthal: UPS owes customers refunds for late Christmas packages - Washington Examiner

"The men and women of UPS - as well as the U.S. Postal Service and FedEx - do tremendous work this time of year, putting in grueling, long hours delivering gifts, and we are all grateful for their efforts. It is incumbent upon these companies, however, that when a customer is quoted a delivery date ahead of Christmas, gifts arrive on time.

"I call on UPS to do the right thing and provide refunds to people whose Christmases were a little less cheery as a result of their late deliveries."
I am so shocked he is a Democrat from Connecticut.......... Not

sigh... All emotions, taking points and he is has Jewish genes as I do.

But I am the rare Conservative Jew, as he is a Liberal Jew.

He is a lawyer, and never ran a real service business and knows it's
ups and downs.

Guess I am out of line, but oh well. Feeling feisty tonight.

Ban me.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Does that mean we can ask for a refund on taxes when the polititians dont do their job.
This would be a great spring board to start asking for refunds.

And, I ask the esteemed Senator, why weren't the roads cleared for UPS and FedEx? Why weren't the airports cleared? Shouldn't the government assure our employees will have safe working conditions? What of the ice covered sidewalks? What of the high risk of bodily harm while delivering iPhones and iPads?

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I am so shocked he is a Democrat from Connecticut.......... Not

sigh... All emotions, taking points and he is has Jewish genes as I do.

But I am the rare Conservative Jew, as he is a Liberal Jew.

He is a lawyer, and never ran a real service business and knows it's
ups and downs.

Guess I am out of line, but oh well. Feeling feisty tonight.

Ban me.
Sorry, Texan, you ain't getting banned.

"In a very real sense Christmas is on the line".

The meaning of Christmas is on time packages? Cool. Now maybe people will drop that "Jesus' birthday" mumbo jumbo.