Send Agains

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
What I don't understand, and I've read it in many posts, is why any driver is concerned about having send agains. I don't have any control or input as to the criteria that makes a pkg a send again. Leave it up to me, I'd deliver the route as if it was a newspaper route. I will not solicit a neighbor unless I know the parties involved. How do I know if they're on good terms or honest? I don't give out my cell number or call people. Do that enough and your all day answering calls from morons wanting to know "do you have one for me?". I do not accept signed delivery notices. Bottom line is that it doesn't matter to me. I'll try again tomorrow. They can leave a note as to were to indirect...or not. If it isn't that pkg it'll be another. Hell, if I have enough send agains, I might not get that extra split. Make an honest attempt and call it what it is. Stop complete.

SEND AGAINS, WHO CARES
CYA!!!!!!!

pissedoffmanager

The send again numbers are looked at every day, and any driver who always has a large percentage is put on the "list" of people watched more closely. The Sups are only trying to protect their butt, because this is usually an element in their QPR and they are graded on this. The Sups are hot on this because their own job is at stake and they are always CYA your own ass first.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The send again numbers are looked at every day, and any driver who always has a large percentage is put on the "list" of people watched more closely. The Sups are only trying to protect their butt, because this is usually an element in their QPR and they are graded on this. The Sups are hot on this because their own job is at stake and they are always CYA your own ass first.

How about driver followups for missing packages, claims? Do they figure into this QPR? Hey, if they want me to circle the block till these people return, so be it. I get paid by the hour. Otherwise it's a send again by company standards.

SuperSup

Send agains haven't been on the QPR for years. The reason we look at them, is if there is a pattern (closed Monday, closed Friday, etc) drivers are taking packages for a ride and getting credit for stops that they aren't attempting. They're really not that big of a deal. Better to have a send again than to leave at the crack house next door.