Seniority. Classification vs Company

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by speed buggy, Jan 7, 2012.

1. speed buggy

speed buggy New Member

Please tell me whether you work under classification seniority or company seniority.
    I need as many posts as possible before proposal meetings.
  2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Our center has two seniority lists---PT and FT. Feeder and package are on the same list.
  3. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Feeder seniority for bidding on start times,job descriptions, O.T. (or lack of).

FT seniority for vacations picks and layoffs.
  4. speed buggy

speed buggy New Member

What state are you in cachsux?
  5. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Based on his posts I would say he is a permanent resident of the State of Confusion.

Actually, cach stands for Chicago Area Consolidation Hub so I have to assume he is from Illinois, which would be Local 705.
  6. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

CACH is outside Chicago which is in Illinois.
  7. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

I would say classification seniority. I drive with guys who have more company seniority than me but I started driving before them so I have more driver seniority or I'm higher on the seniority list.
  8. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

Nope, not going there again!!

(Right, Cach?!?!?!?)
  9. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Now that you've finally realized that the way they do it in your area is the wrong way then no, no reason to dig that body up again. :happy2:

And correct, I am 705 out of Illinois.
  10. cachsux

cachsux Wah

11. brett636

brett636 Well-Known Member

I am in Indiana, and here we go by classification seniority for routes/start times and vacations, but company seniority for layoffs.
  12. speed buggy

speed buggy New Member

Well I am going to dig that body up. And throw it as far as I can until somebody who can change the rules will.