Seniority date

Duckydad

So I was hired PT Preload in November '14. Not seasonal, it was On-Call but I would stay on after peak. Anyways, I continued to call in every morning an hour before hand to see if I was needed, which, half the time I wasn't and had no other work lined up. Anyways, one of the seasonal drivers was hired back on for Preload in January '15, but they kept me on call and had him working 5 days a week. I was "On-Call" for roughly 4 months. It took me until May 5th to reach 70 days.

Well, he started driver training this week because he hit seniority before I did.

Does the seniority date go back to your start date once you pass the probationary period? Do I have a grievance for them working him over me during the probationary period?

Duckydad

He was a seasonal driver last peak, hired Off the street. After peak, he reapplied and got hired as a preloader in January. His job classification is the same as mine.

Anyways, it's a non issue anymore. HR is working it out. I was skipped. I learn today what resolution they have come up with. They gave me a few options yesterday.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
He was a seasonal driver last peak, hired Off the street. After peak, he reapplied and got hired as a preloader in January. His job classification is the same as mine.

Anyways, it's a non issue anymore. HR is working it out. I was skipped. I learn today what resolution they have come up with. They gave me a few options yesterday.

Good deal