Seniority dates

Mrodriguez182

I recently looked mine up and there's also a posting says my center seniority date is 11/21/14 I started during peak, left for like 1-2 months and came back can they take that away? And make it the original date when I got hired permanently?

BrownTexas

Did you have to reapply when you started working again? If not, then I would think your November seniority would be good.

Mrodriguez182

Did you have to reapply when you started working again? If not, then I would think your November seniority would be good.
No I actually got a call from hr for the position. I did however feel out paperwork again. For permanent hire but I took a picture to be on the safe side.

BrownTexas

Sounds like you were seasonal, fired, and rehired as permanent. Your new hire date should be your seniority date. If it is your seasonal date currently, I'd keep my mouth shut and let it ride. If they are trying to change it to your rehire date, you might be able to file a grievance for them not catching their mistake and fixing it in a timely manner... But you might not win it.

Box Ox

Seasonals can't make book unless/until they're kept on after the holiday season as permanents. All the former seasonals I know have January/February seniority dates. If you were hired after early to mid October this probably applies to you.

Mrodriguez182

Sounds like you were seasonal, fired, and rehired as permanent. Your new hire date should be your seniority date. If it is your seasonal date currently, I'd keep my mouth shut and let it ride. If they are trying to change it to your rehire date, you might be able to file a grievance for them not catching their mistake and fixing it in a timely manner... But you might not win it.
Actually I continued working through the contract date for seasonal, helping someone who was sick in January after the new year. so they may have kept me on payroll I never got "fired" idk. I just seen it and took a picture even my supervisor said let it ride he's pretty chill.

Mrodriguez182

Seasonals can't make book unless/until they're kept on after the holiday season as permanents. All the former seasonals I know have January/February seniority dates. If you were hired after early to mid October this probably applies to you.
I was hired nov 21 and worked through January. After the contract I signed. I don't know how that would apply.

PT Car Washer

I had a seniority date of Oct 19** for 10 years until it was changed to a Janury date. At first I was told it was a typo and not to worry. Not sure what I could have done about it back then, but too late now.

PT Car Washer

10/14 to 1/15 is peak i believe. If you were hired and worked in those days you were seasonal and rehired.
We have several Nov. and Dec. seniority dates from last year. They were hired as permanent PT and not seasonal. UPS had adds on the radio advertising $15/hr seasonal PT help. Never met any seasonal PT employees last year.

Mr.Golden

10/14 to 1/15 is peak i believe. If you were hired and worked in those days you were seasonal and rehired.
It's 1st of October to December 31st. Your seniority date will be January 2nd or 3rd depends when they call u back. Shouldn't have to do paper work again

By The Book

It's 1st of October to December 31st. Your seniority date will be January 2nd or 3rd depends when they call u back. Shouldn't have to do paper work again
Unless you were an employee hired late in the year and you just happened to work during peak season. An example would be if an employee quit or was fired or transferred and they needed to fill that spot. Their seniority date would be the first day they worked at that point.

Mr.Golden

Unless you were an employee hired late in the year and you just happened to work during peak season. An example would be if an employee quit or was fired or transferred and they needed to fill that spot. Their seniority date would be the first day they worked at that point.
I was hired in October but my seniority date January 2nd. Supposedly you're automatically fired if they decide to hire u back.