Seniority Grievance Question

plankerton

Recently at our hub a couple who are both drivers had their transfer request go through and started working in their new city. Well now one of them decided they weren't liking the hours they got and complained to the company for both of them to come back to their original positions with the same amount of seniority they had before they left. I was told when I started working here that if you put in for a transfer to someplace else and tried coming back you would lose your seniority. If that's the case then why aren't these people effected by that repercussion. Another co-worker of mine got a hold of the union rep and they went on to say to file a grievance report against it. I guess my question is whether or not these people are entitled to come back to their positions they had here even after they had quit and left.

barnyard

KTM rider
What is there to grieve??? Read your contract, including the supplement. Could it be that there was a 30 trial???

Why do you even care??

UPSGUY72

plankerton:943933 said:
It's the company that's letting it occur but the union rep told us to go ahead and file a grievance report against it.

Here is a thought. What happens when at PT tries to become a driver but doesn't make his 30 days. Does he go back to pt and lose all there seniority???