Seniority lists

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
If you think a year in feeders is worth more than a year in packages, you have forgotten where you came from and you're only thinking about yourself and you're own scenario....

......or you were hired from off the street.

~Bbbl~™

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
If you think a year in feeders is worth more than a year in packages, you have forgotten where you came from and you're only thinking about yourself and you're own scenario....

If you think about it, seniority is all you really have.

And you should be able to carry it with you through any classification change.

LU 135 is the only one in the Central Region that doesn't. (that I recall)

-Bug-

Coldworld

60 months and counting

-Bug-
Do you know of any locals that have successfully changed it so you carry senority over with you???

jaker

trolling
In the West it takes 13 years to go feeder and if I decide to go when I am ask and some other guy decides to wait another 5 years after me then no his seniority in feeder shouldn't jump ahead of me

I have 5 years doing feeder vs your 5 extra years in pkg and I am sorry I know pkg it's hard but the first 5 years in feeder are not easy

At least you still have your weekends, holidays and know your schedule vs I don't know my schedule , what hours I work and working holidays

Coldworld

60 months and counting
In the West it takes 13 years to go feeder and if I decide to go when I am ask and some other guy decides to wait another 5 years after me then no his seniority in feeder shouldn't jump ahead of me

I have 5 years doing feeder vs your 5 extra years in pkg and I am sorry I know pkg it's hard but the first 5 years in feeder are not easy

At least you still have your weekends, holidays and know your schedule vs I don't know my schedule , what hours I work and working holidays

Inthegame

-Bug-
Changing any in place system screws someone. Red circle or change the system the day the least senior person retires.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Changing any in place system screws someone. Red circle or change the system the day the least senior person retires.
If only that rationale was universal within the Teamster's mindset???

Perhaps then, the last contract would not have been imposed on some of us "red circle employees"?

~Bbbl~

The way that was said, shows all feeder drivers should have package time under their belt. It's like having a whole new out look on life. It's also like you have been in special forces.. Not everyone can say they did it...

PT Car Washer

The way that was said, shows all feeder drivers should have package time under their belt. It's like having a whole new out look on life. It's also like you have been in special forces.. Not everyone can say they did it...
I have heard Feeder drivers say, when faced with being laid off, they would rather go on unemployment then work in package car.

By The Book

Does it have to be done local by local or could something be changed on a national level??
In your contract book it should have a list of who negotiated your supplement. These would be the people to talk with about this issue. You may want to get a letter and signatures together to help your cause. One voice is just one voice, show that a lot of people want this.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I know many feeder drivers who have worked pkgs when faced with layoff. I guess it depends on ones level of hunger.

Here if they are laid off and turn down package car they are out of luck.

We had a situation like this (20 years ago ?).

Where laid off feeder drivers could bump to pkg car, and were given 30 days to qualify.

If they didn't qualify, then they could file for unemployment.

-Bug-